Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sam parkin

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Far more likely would be CKR going in a swap deal with Darren Currie than Sam Parkin.

portmanking

Jul 27, 2006
Sorry boys, Ipswich fan here again...

No chance of you signing Super Sammy off us while Magilton is boss. He has repeatedly said he will not let Parkin go because of his goalscoring record and potential.

Colin Kazim-Richards is a good player but we certainly wouldn't agree to that deal, two different players and we already have enough quick forwards with very little goalscoring record.

Parkin himself has said in interviews with the East Anglian Daily Times and on the BBC that Ipswich haven't seen the best of him and he's determined to become a fans favourite.

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
portmanking said:
Sorry boys, Ipswich fan here again...

No chance of you signing Super Sammy off us while Magilton is boss. He has repeatedly said he will not let Parkin go because of his goalscoring record and potential.

Colin Kazim-Richards is a good player but we certainly wouldn't agree to that deal, two different players and we already have enough quick forwards with very little goalscoring record.

Parkin himself has said in interviews with the East Anglian Daily Times and on the BBC that Ipswich haven't seen the best of him and he's determined to become a fans favourite.

I agree mate, apart form the totally dellusional brighton fans no one is expecting him to come to us at all.

portmanking

Jul 27, 2006
DÃnN¥ §ëÃGuLL© said:
What about a loan deal?

Personally, I would hate to see him go on either a temporary OR permanent deal. What Parkin needs for us is games, and time on the pitch to build his confidence up. For whatever reason he appears to have lost his edge that he had in League One and needs a confidence boost. A league goal would set him off and running.

I certainly think you should forget about Parkin as a transfer, McGhee appears to be making some rather outlandish bids for unrealistic players from a neutral' opinion.

I still expect Kazim-Richards to stay at your lot too, as he's young and was probably just frustrated at being left out of the squad. Being young and naive, slapping in a transfer request would be his only way of making a stand in his mind.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
portmanking said:
I certainly think you should forget about Parkin as a transfer, McGhee appears to be making some rather outlandish bids for unrealistic players from a neutral' opinion.

I think that's true from any opinion, neutral or not.

portmanking

Jul 27, 2006
80's Seagull said:
I think that's true from any opinion, neutral or not.

Would have to agree with that...

Dan Harding appears to have settled in at Ipswich fairly well. Looks confident on the ball, I think he just needs a run of games to get match fitness and practice as he appeared to be always on the fringes at Leeds.

Rusco

Jul 8, 2003
Always Bringing Up The Rear
westy said:
Also, I know from a mate of mine who is a Ipswich fan that Parkin got ALOT of stick when he played last season, maybe, hopefully he could be sick of it ...

With some of our fans, he could expect some of that down here

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
Of course Magilton is going to say it's not going to happen, even if it was, he wouldnt confirm it and as for the Argus, I wouldnt have too much faith in anything they print, to be honest

CoventrySeagull

Jul 7, 2003
Back in HANGLETON
Apparently Micky Adams/Cov made an offer (£200,000??) which was turned down.

They are considering making an improved offer, as they are short in attacking players at moment (Wayne Andrews injured and not much cover for Stern John, Dele Adebola). They do have other options (Andy Morrell - out on loan though?) & have just signed Adam Virgo on loan for season (came on as sub up front in place of Adebola at So'ton).

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
CoventrySeagull said:
Apparently Micky Adams/Cov made an offer (£200,000??) which was turned down.

They are considering making an improved offer, as they are short in attacking players at moment (Wayne Andrews injured and not much cover for Stern John, Dele Adebola). They do have other options (Andy Morrell - out on loan though?) & have just signed Adam Virgo on loan for season (came on as sub up front in place of Adebola at So'ton).

So much for Coventry not having any money then

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Kinky Gerbils said:
Not sure they were ever short of money

They are in some debt as far as I understand, and like us they have few tangible assets, as they are merely tennants at the Ricoh Arena. The basics of their situation, is that they have commited themselves to a long deal tennancy which relies on getting 18,000 for each home game.

All is rosy right now as they have done very well since they moved. One relegation could easily see them in administration.

Last edited:

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
On paper it's NEVER gonna happen but maybe, just maybe, Parkin is sick of slumming with the inbreds of East Anglia and whilst the sun is out fancies a move to a beautiful, vibrant seaside city in the south.

Or he could be a batty? We can live in hope

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Bluejuice said:
On paper it's NEVER gonna happen but maybe, just maybe, Parkin is sick of slumming with the inbreds of East Anglia and whilst the sun is out fancies a move to a beautiful, vibrant seaside city in the south.

Or he could be a batty? We can live in hope

Will Harding and Currie influence him either way I wonder?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here