Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sam Parkin has signed for

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
London Irish said:
This conspiracy theory that so many people buy into on here that we never seriously chase these targets, just put them out in the press to pacify fans.

How does that work then?

We miss another target that we have chased (for the umpteenth time) and the fans are pacified?

Really?

Don't you think that, on the contrary, fans are very frustrated at not landing targets?

So if it is some "cunning" PR spin by Dick Knight, it's not either a) very clever, or b) very effective

- is it?

Which is why I do actually think we are making genuine attempts to sign these players.

The problem is that we have been reading that we are interested in this man and that man for over 2 seasons now and havent madea positive move forward on any so this adds fuel to the doubters.

By the way I am interested in buying a new Ferrarri we must just wait for further delopements.

BensGrandad said:
The problem is that we have been reading that we are interested in this man and that man for over 2 seasons now and havent madea positive move forward on any so this adds fuel to the doubters.

By the way I am interested in buying a new Ferrarri we must just wait for further delopements.

But if you said over and over again on here for two years that you were interested in buying a Ferrari, but it never appeared, wouldn't NSC get rather frustrated with you?

Can you understand the point I'm getting at here? What kind of genius PR strategy is it that presents fans with two seasons of disappointment in the transfer market?

Last edited:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
It would be a bit difficult to just come out and say we are interested in Mr X but we cannot afford his fee/ wages etc.

There was a point on the fans forum where DK said that the problem in signing players was Withdean but MM disagreed and said that professional footballers arent interested in such things,. So who do we believe and why do we not sign any players.

Last edited:

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
London Irish said:
This conspiracy theory that so many people buy into on here that we never seriously chase these targets, just put them out in the press to pacify fans.

How does that work then?

We miss another target that we have chased (for the umpteenth time) and the fans are pacified?

Really?

Don't you think that, on the contrary, fans are very frustrated at not landing targets?

So if it is some "cunning" PR spin by Dick Knight, it's not either a) very clever, or b) very effective

- is it?
Which is why I do actually think we are making genuine attempts to sign these players.

I agree with many things you say on here LI, but on this matter I cannot agree.

Yes I do think that many of these proposed signings are pure PR and the club know they have little or no chance of signing these players.
It all goes to keep interest in the club and helps to sell season tickets.
Many clubs in our division look at signing players from teams within the same division, who are known to achieve at this level or ones from a lower league who could make the step up. If we were hearing these sort of players turn us down, then I would agree with you.
But all we here about are players we are trying to sign who see themselves still with a future in a higher league.
Until we try at least signing someone from div one or two then I for one will think it is mainly spin.Who have we tried to sign who fits this criteria?

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here