Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sam Parkin has signed for

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Kinky Gerbils said:
Time is running out to sign someone - Can you still bring players in on loan after window is shut?

Yes you can bring in loan players

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Kinky Gerbils said:
Thought that was the case.

Have more faith in your beliefs then :wave:

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
FFS I am starting to get f***ed off there must be a target man somewhere we can sign. I am 6"3, I'll do it for £30,000 pa

:angry: :censored: :angry:

Last edited:

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Kinky Gerbils said:
I expect we will here the Withdean given as a reason again

We can't beat people on price and I guess the likelihood is that we miss out due to facilities and cost of living. It is not difficult to understand. We have no prowess in the transfer market.

Someone must have one rotting in the reserves that can do a job!! THere must be a cheap one going in Scotland.

FFS!! :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :censored: Jesus H Christ, this has got way beyond a joke now!

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
we will not sign anybody..its just more bluster coming from the club to keep the fans interested...all we seem to do is lose players

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
vulture said:
Where does that leave us

With a team who are playing pretty well. 7 points from 4 - and that's only because we were narrowly beaten away at the League faourites.

Not too worried about missing out on Parkin, and/or Burgess.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
So did we really have £350,000 available to sign him? The fee Luton have paid.
Or was it a case of we know he wont come here, but it makes for a little bit of reading for our fans!!

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
sir danny cullip said:
Parkin was never going to sign for us ever ever ever. Not sure why people even bothered thinking about it!

What he said!

jakes right boot

Jul 29, 2006
tommy boy said:
turienzo is the answer- simple

we let him go, now he has gone on to bigger and better things:(

Even with the most fragile hamstring in the soccer world.

fosters headband said:
So did we really have £350,000 available to sign him? The fee Luton have paid.
Or was it a case of we know he wont come here, but it makes for a little bit of reading for our fans!!

This conspiracy theory that so many people buy into on here that we never seriously chase these targets, just put them out in the press to pacify fans.

How does that work then?

We miss another target that we have chased (for the umpteenth time) and the fans are pacified?

Really?

Don't you think that, on the contrary, fans are very frustrated at not landing targets?

So if it is some "cunning" PR spin by Dick Knight, it's not either a) very clever, or b) very effective

- is it?

Which is why I do actually think we are making genuine attempts to sign these players.

Last edited:

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
Sam Parkin wasn't a big fan of us, ever since they were winning in the play off with seconds to go & saying to Adam Virgo, "I'll call you from Cardiff to tell you what it's like". (Or words to that effect).
Then Virgs pops that header in.

Marvellous scenes. f*** off Parkin.

smudge said:
Sam Parkin wasn't a big fan of us, ever since they were winning in the play off with seconds to go & saying to Adam Virgo, "I'll call you from Cardiff to tell you what it's like". (Or words to that effect).
Then Virgs pops that header in.

Marvellous scenes. f*** off Parkin.

Harding also kicked his front teeth out in this game. I reckon they are still buried somewhere towards the South Stand touchline near halfway.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
London Irish said:
This conspiracy theory that so many people buy into on here that we never seriously chase these targets, just put them out in the press to pacify fans.

How does that work then?

We miss another target that we have chased (for the umpteenth time) and the fans are pacified?

Really?

Don't you think that, on the contrary, fans are very frustrated at not landing targets?

So if it is some "cunning" PR spin by Dick Knight, it's not either a) very clever, or b) very effective

- is it?

Which is why I do actually think we are making genuine attempts to sign these players.

I don't doubt we've enquired about all these players but they're all out of our reach anyway. Signing GNW on loan last season was the nearest we was going to get to signing one of them.

ac gull

Jul 7, 2003
midlands
interview on Blackpool site does not actually name Burgess - says they have agreed a fee and terms re a player - but awaiting his release from current club

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here