Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sam Baldock is the key

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
Ashley Barnes: a 1 in 4 striker at Championship level. So what is it that you have against Hemed and Wilson, who have similar (marginally better) records?

Barnes is just a little over 1/3 in all games for BHA - remembering he'd been played out of position for 25%+ of his time here.

Wilson's only made 6 appearances so far.
I DO want Hemed to be the Messiah, but most of his goals have been fortunate fluffs/deflections where he made last contact with the ball.
Baldock has a 1/6+ ratio for Brighton.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
You said he was part of the problem...please enlighten us all. Who or what is the key?

Sorry, will repeat my last post for the hard of thinking: thought this was a thread about Baldock being the key?

(happy to keep doing this in a Groundhog Day stylee til it finally sinks in with you :dunce:)

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
Barnes is just a little over 1/3 in all games for BHA - remembering he'd been played out of position for 25%+ of his time here.

I DO want Hemed to be the Messiah, but most of his goals have been fortunate fluffs/deflections where he made last contact with the ball.

Baldock did play a fair portion of his games out wide left last season before his injury, and actually played the position rather well once he got to grips with it,

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
Sorry, will repeat my last post for the hard of thinking: thought this was a thread about Baldock being the key?

(happy to keep doing this in a Groundhog Day stylee til it finally sinks in with you :dunce:)

You sir are clueless....what you are effectively saying is get someone else in, but you won't or can't say who...or change our system, but you won't or can't clarify...

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
No idea if he's the key but I like him and he does cause problems to defenders, which is a start given how few problems our current forwards cause. ( except BZ, but he is a short term luxury most games)

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester

Let's compare apples with apples here: Barnes' record in the Championship for us was 24 in 99. If we're bringing League 1 into it, then it should be noted that Baldock scored 23 in 42, or that CMS got 50 in 91.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
You sir are clueless....what you are effectively saying is get someone else in, but you won't or can't say who...or change our system, but you won't or can't clarify...

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
As far as skill and pace are concerned, Ashley Barnes is not fit to lace Baldocks' boots. I'm surely Ashley has other attributes?
A few supporters of other teams who have made single visits to the Amex earlier in the season raved about his control and the way he frightened the defence.
Funny enough, I used to hear the same about Glenn Murray and a lot on here used to tell us how bad he was (eh THPP?).
The good thing is that Sam will get the opportunity to up his goal to game stats soon.

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005

You also stated he isn't any kind of worth to us....yes you are clueless

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
You also stated he isn't any kind of worth to us....yes you are clueless

Apologies Sam. Like I say, nothing personal.

Maybe you could consider dropping down two levels. Just like CMS. Then have a pop at your departing manager for not playing to your strengths. just like CMS.

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005

Maybe you could consider dropping down two levels. Just like CMS. Then have a pop at your departing manager for not playing to your strengths. just like CMS.

Please never join a debating society...

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Yes. Yes I do. You don't watch what you're seeing do you? 26 appearances and 4 goals and a job description of 'Striker'. Sake! :rolleyes:

Well said.

lizard

Well-hung member
Jul 14, 2005
It pains me to say, Baldock is simply not good enough for the Championship. I admire his work rate but he is out of his depth as a finisher.
Would be a good player to have to come on with fifteen minutes left to run at tired legs but even then I don't know if I can picture him being effective enough to be a real game changer.
I really hope he comes back on fire and makes me eat my words. Please 'god', make him the player we all wish he really was!
If we are to go up this season we need a Rhodes or a McCormack etc, someone proven to deliver goals at this level. A BZ with ten years less on the clock would be a dream but ultimately we are powder-puff up front. With a quality partner I think Hemed will look a far more assured forward and return a greater tally also. Obviously the issue is cost, but the stakes are high, so, Mr Bloom; stick or twist?

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003

CMS had a point about how he was played, especially after Gus said he would build the team around him (CMS).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here