Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Saints match

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Having been a Brighton fan for way too long I can't help feeling that this is just the kind of game in which we are likely to put in our best performance of the season. Gus should have pretty well everyone back and fit and as they are the runaway leaders we are quite likely to raise our game.

I think we can get at least a point, am I being too optimistic? We really don't have much to lose as nobody will expect us to get anything. Avoiding a tonking is all that really matters imo.

Can't wait. All the pressure will be on them. Would have been a totally different game if we'd lost yesterday.

Long enough to remember when Albion won 14 consecutive home matches and 31 without defeat at the Goldstone?

And then Wrexham arrived, and despite scoring seven twice before in the season, we could not find a way through, never looked like scoring as we lost 0-2. Peter Ward, Spider Mellor and Brian Horton in the team. And we were top of the table.

redneb

Oct 28, 2009
Burgess Hill
on paper a saints win, but is the St Marys not a happy hunting ground for us?

A win, a draw and a loss in total SMS Saints v Brighton matches.

Some of you getting a little over confident. If we play like we have in most of our home games, I cant see anything but a comfortable win.

Thats said Poyet still has a problem with us so will want to do well in this game more than most.

Bring it on.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton

Some of you getting a little over confident. If we play like we have in most of our home games, I cant see anything but a comfortable win.

Thats said Poyet still has a problem with us so will want to do well in this game more than most.

Bring it on.

Why do you believe Poyet has a problem with Southampton? ???

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
After Watford I'm giving this a swerve. Pilates and the gym for me.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
My niece and her mum do this what do you believe you get out of this as my wife has considered doing it.

I have lower back facet joints pains so doing this has helped my posture and the core muscles. I am getting pretty good at it, and have dropped two trouser sizes and gone from Xxl to large in the shirt dept and lost two stone, so after my little brush with the almighty, I feel absolutely great at the moment.

If she has back problems Pilates is the way to go certainly

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut

Bring it on.

Take a look in the Argus yesterday and he is full of praise for you

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
I can only see it going one of two ways; either everyone will put in a performance and we'll stun them with a deserved win, or we'll get spanked.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

Not a person on this thread has sounded overconfident..except you. Very few teams have had COMFORTABLE wins over us in the last couple of seasons.

Last edited:

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
They haven't lost at home since the 11th December 2010 - the game after our 0-0 draw.

They've had one draw since - v Notts County on 15th January. They've won EVERY home league game since. incredible form, really.

How many games is that?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I'm really looking forward to it - a big game with a big, passionate crowd.

As much as we might not like to believe it, and I'm sure they'll not say it, but I would expect the Saints game to be a bigger one to Gus, Tanno, Charlie and last season's players than the Palace game.

Despite us romping to the title and taking our foot off the gas, I think they'll have been needled by losing the Withdean game - it was the chance to hammer home the point. But when a team really wants to win and another is at 95% having been on the piss, there was always likely to be just one outcome.

It's an obvious thing to say, but Saints have been outstanding this season. I'm no fan of Adkins but he has to be commended for the results to date but also for the style of their play which, from what I've seen, has been fluent, expansive and attractive to watch. They move the ball with real pace and purpose and can score from almost anywhere.

It's a big ask for a fragile Albion, but don't they often deliver a result when we're least expecting it?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here