Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Saint Gerrard arrested for Assualt

Keeping The Dream Alive.

Naming Rights
May 28, 2008
WSU
Yeah I HATE watching the likes of Ronaldo, Robinho, Lampard, Van Persie, Young, Walcott, Rooney, Torres, Fabregas et al playing fast exciting skilful football every week. Terrible isn't it?

:thud: :thud: :thud:

You must really hate good football.

That's it, very clever little boy, change my argument to suit your agenda. The fact that it is a shit league has nothing to do with the fact many of the best players in the world are playing it in it. It's to do with the excessive amount of money in all areas of the league, the lack of competitiveness, the devotion to being a brand rather than football, the complete hyperbole of everything that goes on ("Oh look, Bolton are playing Fulham, this is a mega clash which could really change either sides season"), the sucking in of lower league fans like you with constant televisation of matches which you could so easily live without but dont know it, the players like Frank Lampard who complain that £100,000 a week isnt enough (how could you enjoy watching a selfish f***ing little pig like that?), the massive gulf that the league is creating between itself and everyone else to satisfy its commercial value, the way it generates 'fans' of Man United and Chelsea who have never seen a game of live football in their life but are all of a sudden the next Fabio Cappello 'cause Andy Gray said something they agreed with.

Yeah, great f***ing league full of such innocent, loving individuals who are so similar to us. We can relate to their £30 million pound a year wage packet so easily. :clap:

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
That's it, very clever little boy, change my argument to suit your agenda. The fact that it is a shit league has nothing to do with the fact many of the best players in the world are playing it in it. It's to do with the excessive amount of money in all areas of the league, the lack of competitiveness, the devotion to being a brand rather than football, the complete hyperbole of everything that goes on ("Oh look, Bolton are playing Fulham, this is a mega clash which could really change either sides season"), the sucking in of lower league fans like you with constant televisation of matches which you could so easily live without but dont know it, the players like Frank Lampard who complain that £100,000 a week isnt enough (how could you enjoy watching a selfish f***ing little pig like that?), the massive gulf that the league is creating between itself and everyone else to satisfy its commercial value, the way it generates 'fans' of Man United and Chelsea who have never seen a game of live football in their life but are all of a sudden the next Fabio Cappello 'cause Andy Gray said something they agreed with.

Yeah, great f***ing league full of such innocent, loving individuals who are so similar to us. We can relate to their £30 million pound a year wage packet so easily. :clap:

See I don't bother with any of that. I just watch the GOOD football.

Course I COULD live without it but I'd rather not, because it's GOOD football.

Fair points about the money side etc, regarding competitiveness if you compare it with the Top 3s of La Liga and Serie A over the last 5 years they are almost identical.

Seeing as all I'm really fussed about when it comes to FOOTBALL is the FOOTBALL, The Premiership is QUALITY.

I didn't change your argument at all. You used the exact phrase s**t league. I pulled you up on it as no matter what you may feel about the players (who clearly have wronged you in some very personal way), the actual LEAGUE is very good.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Would you not enjoy a film with Christian Bale in, as he was on charges for beating his wife and thus is a "bad" person?

Would you call any film he was in a s**t film, regardless of performances etc?

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
In my mind's eye, I can already see Cilla, McCartney and Sonia in the studio, recording the charity single...to the tune, perhaps, of Let It Be.

"Stevie G
Stevie G
Stevie G
Stevie G
Speaking from his prison
Stevie G"

Keeping The Dream Alive.

Naming Rights
May 28, 2008
WSU

Fair points about the money side etc, regarding competitiveness if you compare it with the Top 3s of La Liga and Serie A over the last 5 years they are almost identical.

Seeing as all I'm really fussed about when it comes to FOOTBALL is the FOOTBALL, The Premiership is QUALITY.

I didn't change your argument at all. You used the exact phrase s**t league. I pulled you up on it as no matter what you may feel about the players (who clearly have wronged you in some very personal way), the actual LEAGUE is very good.

Oooooh, now you pull out your Sun style capitalisation of several words to try and empathise your weak argument, come on lad, you must have some better techniques than that.

Back to the point and yep, I was right, they've sucked you in perfectly, they put some good football on and you watch it, forget the fact the Premier League is a commercial organisation full of sub-brands, forget the fact the Premier League is creating an enoumous gulf between leagues and thus preventing our chance (yes, that's our as in Brighton and Hove Albion, the team you supposedly support) of ever reaching the top end of English football (cue using Hull's story as to combat my argument - yes, they had money, the only way you can climb up the league these days. Shame money is the only way you can get success isnt it? But of course, that has nothing to do with the Premier League), forget the fact players are earning more than us in a week and still complaining about it, forget the fact that it is slowly ripping the soul and passion out of the game... Is that enough yet?

The League is shit for the above reasons and many more. The football is good yes, of course it is, but the league itself as a concept of what a 'league' is without a shadow of a doubt a shit one.

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
should think its nothing to do with him,hes not that stupid

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
What a silly, juvenile little boy you are.

Has he been found guilty yet?

I imagine you're TRAUMATISED that your lovechild has been nicked.

Gerrard - diving tosser but a class footballer - just NOT for his country! :tosser:

willingdon_seagull

Mar 5, 2008
Innocent until proven guilty I say - no doubt all an over reaction by the media! Ive no time for the bloke but Im sure he wouldnt be so stupid in his position anyway!

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Rumour has it that Gerrard was in the nightclub when somebody tapped him on the shoulder , instinctively he dived headlong into the DJ's booth causing a facial wound to the DJ. :shrug:

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
It's a little known fact but, 85% of Scousers enjoy sex in the shower....... the other 15% have yet to be convicted

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

German footy is more fun, and the wags are classier as well.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Rumour has it that Gerrard was in the nightclub when somebody tapped him on the shoulder , instinctively he dived headlong into the DJ's booth causing a facial wound to the DJ. :shrug:

:clap2:

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I've been in Southport this evening right next to the bar in question, didnt see it but apparantly his car is still parked outside.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
It's a little known fact but, 85% of Scousers enjoy sex in the shower....... the other 15% have yet to be convicted

That was very funny, had never heard it before...probably somewhat better than the old one about what you call a scouser in a suit...the accused!

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
Stevie G is a scouser. That is all.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here