Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Safeway v Cheeky Monkey

Should Falmer feature some sort of COLONEL concessionary outlet?

• YES. Hurrah for Safeway. I love a bit of fried chicken head and turkey cock

Votes: 32 56.1%
  • Nope. Cheeky Monkey is bang on. It's not the 80s anymore, that stuff is RANK.

Votes: 25 43.9%

• Total voters

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
You're joking. There'll be a few thousand skunked-out students on their doorstep to serve every day of the week at around 2pm when they've dragged themselves out of bed. And half of them will be back again once Deal or No Deal has finished.

Anyhoo, my two-penneth. KFC chicken pieces are vile. Revolting pallid greasy bits of meat coated in slime lurking beneath the breadcrumbs. Their filletburgers are passable though, the Zinger has a role in society when there's nothing else decent within 3 sq miles.

But Uncle Sams. Now THATS where its at.

Uncle Sams is about a mile away as the crow flies, probably have to go to Moulsecoomb or into town for skunk.:smokin:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
This is where your argument falls down, it's not breadcrumbs - it's the Colonels secret blend of 11 different herbs and spices.

OK, its breadcrumbs bound in grease with a bit of pepper. The other 8 "secret" ingredients are E-numbers and preservatives.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Top poll Simster. Anyone wanting to eat at KFC at Falmer should be forced to live in a 3ft x 3ft x 3ft cage with all the other yes voters for six weeks before they order - just to replicate the conditions the Colonel's fine birds are kept in.

:jester:

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Top poll Simster. Anyone wanting to eat at KFC at Falmer should be forced to live in a 3ft x 3ft x 3ft cage with all the other yes voters for six weeks before they order - just to replicate the conditions the Colonel's fine birds are kept in.

Why stop there? I think all those who want organic meat should be prepared to live for a couple of years in an open field before being herded into a barn and having their throats slit.

Oh, and vegetarians you aren't getting away with it either. You've got to spend six month standing in a field before a machine comes along and cuts you off at the knees.

Fair play all round!:thumbsup:

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009

Cosy stuff, i'll be down for that, as long as i don't miss the football! :thumbsup:

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
I would LOVE to have one if not ALL these 3 at Falmer, in order of preference:
1 - Uncle Sams
2 - Subway
3 - KFC

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
Revolting pallid greasy bits of meat coated in slime lurking beneath the breadcrumbs.

I think the slime is the extra protein that they inject into the flesh. They add it to stop the water they've also injected - to bulk up the weight on the cheap - from leaking out again.

Yummy.

Last edited:

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
A noodle bar just like the one that is always at the Great British Beer Festival - which trades under the 'hilarious' name of 'Good Thai Dins'

Well we're having real ale there too so why not?

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Also as I'd heard we wont be allowed chips at Falmer due to the deep fat fryers not meeting building regs etc, the chance of them having KFC would be null and void (rules out Uncle Sams too I would think)

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Why stop there? I think all those who want organic meat should be prepared to live for a couple of years in an open field before being herded into a barn and having their throats slit.

Oh, and vegetarians you aren't getting away with it either. You've got to spend six month standing in a field before a machine comes along and cuts you off at the knees.

Fair play all round!:thumbsup:

:thumbsup: Veggie option not fair as the production of Quorn involves no beast or plant life.

:falmer:

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
It involves fungus grown in laboratories

Still eat it though. Especially like the Qourn Beef Style and Ale Pudding

It's the dog's bollards - burgers, 'meat' balls, chicken pieces, mince, pies, all fantastically and fungally replicated - a gold mine for the bods who first realised it's potential use as a foodstuff. Never has so much been owed by so many (vegetarians) to so few.

:thumbsup:

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
a) franchises are expensive and need to trade for much more than 2 hours per week in order to be profitable

b) any food or beverage product has to be able to be prepared in advance and held at temperature for sale during the short half time interval when almost all sales are made

...........................so can't see any prospect that we will get anything other than the usual crap-snack catering :shrug:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here