Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Safeway v Cheeky Monkey

Should Falmer feature some sort of COLONEL concessionary outlet?

• YES. Hurrah for Safeway. I love a bit of fried chicken head and turkey cock

Votes: 32 56.1%
  • Nope. Cheeky Monkey is bang on. It's not the 80s anymore, that stuff is RANK.

Votes: 25 43.9%

• Total voters

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Disgraceful use of the Ask the Project team facility from these two gimps obviously, :thumbsup: but the question is, which one of them is RIGHT? i.e. should a KFC feature at Falmer or not?

Last edited:

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
KFC Yes.

Its like abortion - Why deny those who want it the right to have it? If you don't want it, DONT HAVE IT :US:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Cheeky Monkey is right of course but football stadium food is supposed to be greasy shit isn't it, so if not a KFC something similarly grim making a rancid fat smell permeate the stadium will undoubtably be on offer.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Because that spot being used by KFC could be used by something decent instead, like a BURGER KING. :drool:

It should be our very own............

Attachments

• IMAGE_006.jpg
    IMAGE_006.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 260

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
It should be our very own............

Everyone is happy with this! A burger or a kebab or some special almost KFC but distinctly different for tradmarking/copyright or whatever!

Whats the deal with Albion Kebabs? Do Albion actually like them? Is it endorsed? Did AK aid the downfall of Kevin McLeod, him thinking he was allowed to eat there?! ??? We are owed answers god damit!

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Oooh good poll, having seen the two conflicting views on Ask The Project Team I was going to start the same thread myself.

Anyway, Safeway is right. We NEED a KFC at Falmer. And ideally a Macdonalds or Burger King. This is in addition to the standard football fare of pies, chips and pasties. And of course Bovril. Definitely no poncy food should be sold on the main concourses; leave all the crap like sundried tomatos on toasted ciabatta for the prawn sandwich brigade in the hospitality boxes.

Reclaim the game! No wine bar snacks at football!

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
Why the hell shouldnt we have a KFC? If people dont like it then they dont have to eat there!!!!!

Its not as if the food is going to be any better than every other Football ground if we dont have one so I say lets go for it!!!

TEAM SAFEWAY

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Absolutely not. All our food outlets should be based around organic produce and locally reared livestock. Alongside locally brewed ales.

We need to cater for the minority, not the majority.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Before you get carried away with the thought of all this, just to put a bit of a downer on this impractical proposition.
First find a nutter to take on the franchise which receives a few thousand punters once a fortnight instead of a few thousand every day. There would be no profit for The Colonel or Ronald et al.
Until the Church gives up it's ransom strip or the Farmer revamps the farm shop I suspect it will be burgers , hotdogs, pies coffee and Bovril that is so hot it removes the fur from inside you mouth.
Now all you need is an air spray in the bogs to bring back the stale urine aroma of proper a football stadium instead of damp concrete as at St. Marys.
Happy days are on their way. :clap:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Before you get carried away with the thought of all this, just to put a bit of a downer on this impractical proposition.
First find a nutter to take on the franchise which receives a few thousand punters once a fortnight instead of a few thousand every day. There would be no profit for The Colonel or Ronald et al.

You're joking. There'll be a few thousand skunked-out students on their doorstep to serve every day of the week at around 2pm when they've dragged themselves out of bed. And half of them will be back again once Deal or No Deal has finished.

Anyhoo, my two-penneth. KFC chicken pieces are vile. Revolting pallid greasy bits of meat coated in slime lurking beneath the breadcrumbs. Their filletburgers are passable though, the Zinger has a role in society when there's nothing else decent within 3 sq miles.

But Uncle Sams. Now THATS where its at.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
I don't think there should be a KFC in the stadium.

Couldn't they stick a drive thru' KFC elsewhere in Falmer instead? That way, we would be able to enjoy it regardless of whether it is a match day or not.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here