Votes: 95 53.4%
  • Seats in corners when filled in, with the centre Safe standing

Votes: 55 30.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
Apologies if this has already been done
Who in the North stand would prefer Safe standing to be installed, in place of the seats we currently do not use

Attachments

• 289210-explained-how-safe-standing-would-work-in-scotland-410x230.jpg
    289210-explained-how-safe-standing-would-work-in-scotland-410x230.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 148
Last edited:

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
I think you only need to see how many in the North Stand stand up anyway to know the answer to this poll. Whilst it doesn't affect me, I do get irritated when I notice a few rows down people getting stewards in and complaining - it was made very clear what the deal would be with the North. But anyways, safe standing please. And a nice mini-shelf as well for my beer when the politicians rescind the other ridiculous rule.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
I think you only need to see how many in the North Stand stand up anyway to know the answer to this poll. Whilst it doesn't affect me, I do get irritated when I notice a few rows down people getting stewards in and complaining - it was made very clear what the deal would be with the North. But anyways, safe standing please. And a nice mini-shelf as well for my beer when the politicians rescind the other ridiculous rule.

Not to be picky, but wasn't the 'deal' that just the back 4 rows wouldn't be hassled to sit down?

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Not to be picky, but wasn't the 'deal' that just the back 4 rows wouldn't be hassled to sit down?

I think it was implied that the back 4 rows would be left alone completely, and some sort of subtle "we understand that the North Stand will be the place people get more excited and therefore stand up earlier and sit down later" kinda comment. The nature of the stand was blatantly put out there, and there are several other parts of the ground catering for people who prefer to sit.

Techno

Oct 23, 2006
West Midlands
As I haven't sat down during a home game once this year (Season ticket in back row of North Stand) obviously went for the terrace option.

Make the whole of the stand including the corners into a terrace, as including the corners the capacity of that area can't be any more than 4-5k, leaving in my view a perfect comprimise of 1/6th of the ground being standing, and the other 5/6ths seating (when at 30k capacity).

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
If ever "safe standing seats" get approval, I am CERTAIN that at least one Albion Director will want to be first in the queue to get them installed at the Amex.

I think it is only a matter of time before common sense prevails ,safe standing is already in place in the Bundesliga, why are the Germans always ahead of the game,and has already been approved in Scotland.

Last edited:

Indeed. The problem is, though, that the way season tickets were sold meant that, by the time the latecomers had their chance to pick a seat, the back 4 rows had all gone. There's clearly a demand for more "tolerated standing". The Club seems to be tolerating standing towards the back, but not so much towards the front - without putting a strict definition of what is meant. Is it causing problems? Not for me - and I'm a sitter, and occasional stander, about half way up.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
But the fact that you could get more people in the stand with standing, should in theory give some movement for cheaper tickets.

Can you though? I imagine there are possible issues with ingress and egress - are the vomitories numerous and wide enough?
Are there enough toliets and kiosks for the increased capacity?

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
Would people be willing to pay the same price to stand as they do for a seat in the North Stand ???

What has that got to do with the price of cheese:D.
The safe standing would probably be offered at a cheaper rate as more places will be available with a safe standing terrace.:drink:

The Terminator

Aug 7, 2010
i really do get the feeling that there might be change in the laws soon. every argument against has been fought off and since their doing it north of the boarder, i think we might see fairly soon.

c0lz

North East Stand.
Jan 26, 2010
Patcham/Brighton
Would people be willing to pay the same price to stand as they do for a seat in the North Stand ???

But don't you still get the option to sit with the safe standing stand? thought they still had seats.

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
I'm quite happy with the current situaton. Although I stand for the whole game I'm knackered by half time so am glad for a sit down until the second half starts.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here