Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
No - I disagree with any death penalty.

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
Beach Hut said:
The Romanian death sentance was a agreed with no court action.

I wouldn't advocate that on anyone.

What is it?

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
Beach Hut said:
No - I disagree with any death penalty.

I was reading an article in the Guardian this week and all executions in Texas(i think) have been suspended due to the lethal injection being inhumane.

Apparently it relaxes the muscles so signs of pain are not apparent, and the death is horrible.

One bloke was even strapped to his bed thingy when he was told he had a temporary pardon.

It would scare the shit out of me.

What do you suggest for SH then BH?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Life under a secure regime not sentanced to death - simple as that

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
What type of regime?

Solitary confinement?

Raphael Meade

Jul 5, 2003
Ex-Shoreham
As well as agreeing with Beach Hut, that is, disagreeing with all death penalties, i think giving him the death penalty is the easy way out for him. surely he would 'suffer' more being locked up for the rest of his life...

Binney on acid

NSC Patron
Nov 30, 2003
Shoreham
Just lock him in a room & force him to watch every single episode of Eastenders in chronological order. There would be a more effective punishment than having to watch the scum help themselves to your outstanding midfield player & coming back for a manager who had the potential to emulate Micky (The God) Adams. Who the @%$£ are Paliss? Why the lobotomised chants castigating those non entities? I don't need a history lesson every time that I attend Withdean. It's Reading who are the scum. I live for the day that the Madjeski mausoleum obtains it's final component. Why did our "defence" do as much to stop Littlejohn from scoring on friday as I did? Am going now to watch the omnibus edition of Eastenders, which I videoed yesterday (not)!

Last edited:

Sonic

Spiky little bugger!
Jul 6, 2003
Patcham
Just lock him in a room with Dwayne. Shouldn't take long for him to top himself!

Binney_on_acid said:
How long before The Scum attempt to hijack Jake Robinson?

By 'the scum' I realise that you are referring to reading - and perhaps the high-trousered-one is looking at his latest 0-3 reverse and peering into his old crapstool-ball to find some talent .
Right at this minute we need to worry about surrounding Leon with players of potential, ones that can feed him decent passes and also play off him well enough to get us some goals.

Raphael Meade said:
As well as agreeing with Beach Hut, that is, disagreeing with all death penalties, i think giving him the death penalty is the easy way out for him. surely he would 'suffer' more being locked up for the rest of his life...

Saddam Insane is the USA's biggest weapon now - the example to all who stand against America and the free world. No doubt the Stock Exchange will boom after the weekend, and luvverly jubberly just before Christmas boosts the economy and the coffers ...... Bush-baby cannot fail to gain kudos for the next few years, win the election, flying across the moon (and our tv sets) as a flak-jacketted Santa waving to adoring minnions.

Oddly, people here seem fairly jaded about the whole affair - no dancing in the streets and cafes at all, and only passing comments frugally shared. I don't know if the public are stultified and stupified by the whole 'weapons of mass destruction' epic now - or affronted by the sorts that represent the future of their world i.e. Chalabi, who's a total crook by any standard !

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
He will be tried in Iraq , found guilty , stoned by his own people, possibly tortured and then executed and rightly so.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Gotsmanov said:
Make him wear Chappers' pink shoes

To high an honour to be bestowed on such a bastard. I hear my shoes where the talk of London Fashion Week.

In 1984.

ripper

Jul 5, 2003
If they (the US) had killed him when they caught him he would have become a martyr for all the resistance fighters in Iraq at the moment IMO.

The best thing they could have done is bring him in alive. Now they should let the newly formed Iraqi government deal with him. This should be a victorious day for Iraq not the US or UK, though they should be well pleased with the result. With any luck now the rebuilding of Iraq can start in earnest, and hopefully resistance will start to cease.

I don't believe Saddam should be put to death. Living in confinement considering his actions for the rest of his days would be a greater punishment IMO, but let the Iraqis decide.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
ripper said:
If they (the US) had killed him when they caught him he would have become a martyr for all the resistance fighters in Iraq at the moment IMO.

The best thing they could have done is bring him in alive. Now they should let the newly formed Iraqi government deal with him. This should be a victorious day for Iraq not the US or UK, though they should be well pleased with the result. With any luck now the rebuilding of Iraq can start in earnest, and hopefully resistance will start to cease.

I don't believe Saddam should be put to death. Living in confinement considering his actions for the rest of his days would be a greater punishment IMO, but let the Iraqis decide.

Death is too easy for the scumbag-don't know what a suitable punishment would be but he must not be given the easy way out.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I'm sure he will be tried by either the Iraqis or an international court. If the Americans tried him (like they'd no doubt love to), it would only inflame the Arab world and further polarise opinion against the US. In some countries, Palestine for example, there is still considerable support for Saddam, as he was seen as standing up for the Arabs against (1) the US and (2) the Israelis.

Incidentally, someone mentioned Milosevic as an example: he's on trial at the Hague at the moment (at least I think it's him, it's definitely someone from Serbia). I heard the other day there is so much evidence to go through, they are expecting the trial to last 6 years.

SM BHAFC

Jul 10, 2003
North Laine
The penalty must be whatever a Iraqi court decides it should be and if that is the death penalty so be it.

Personally I would like to see him rot in a jail for the rest of his years in solitary confinment but despite me slight aversion to state excecution in this country I have no problem with the death penalty if that is what the Iraqi people decide.

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
Border country.East Preston.
He'll be on Skinner,Johnathon Ross and Rise in the New year.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here