Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ryan Tunnicliffe

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
I imagine he was on a three year contract and they've decided he'll never make it there, so why not release some wages and get an unhappy player playing footballer somewhere else

albionalbino

Nov 1, 2009
West Sussex
Another player who crashed his car whilst drunk. Maybe he can share a cab with Kemy to training? Or maybe they could cycle and piss off a load of nsc'ers.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Interesting. I've never been blown away by him but he is very young and players can really develop year on year at this stage of their career. We're also also short of players that can play in the middle of the park without Dicker/Hammond.

Personally if our analysts think he's good enough that's good enough for me. If he does sign I hope the lad appreciates the opportunity we're affording him.

ElectricNaz

Jan 23, 2013
Hampshire
I also thought he was a center back. Maybe getting mixed up with James but I'm sure I saw him play CB in the League Cup for United last season or the season before that.

Well he's young, which is a positive, and has Championship experience. Why not?

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
We need a good mix of players and this chap look promising. We've taken players on loan from big clubs and then signed them permanently before so it seems a good way to see how they fit in with our way of playing. As long as the wage isn't too high it seems a good option.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Does this mean the KA deal is off? Prefer KA TBH.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Seems a bit of a strange one to me. Tunnicliffe doesn't really fit into how we play. He's not a technical player who's good with the ball. He's more of a aggressive, tough tackling midfielder.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Does this mean the KA deal is off? Prefer KA TBH.

Different players for different roles in the team - like saying I'd rather Goalie A than Striker B.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Different players for different roles in the team - like saying I'd rather Goalie A than Striker B.

A bit of an exaggeration there! KA and JT are both central midfielders.

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea
Seems a bit of a strange one to me. Tunnicliffe doesn't really fit into how we play. He's not a technical player who's good with the ball. He's more of a aggressive, tough tackling midfielder.

i think all 'fair' teams need 1 or 2 players who can get stuck in though. still from what ive seen of him, hes still a technically good player, hes not a meat head kick a player off the ball type, hes a well rounded player.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
A bit of an exaggeration there! KA and JT are both central midfielders.

Still completely different roles. One is a tough tackling, defensive/possibly box-to-box. The other is an attacking ball player, who can play on the wing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here