Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ryan Harley

Coleby1007

Feb 28, 2011
Lancing
So, this isn't a rubbish thread then?

I'd say it was one of the most thoughtful insightful threads on here. Its shows great forsight by the OP, its quite clear whoever started this thread knows his football ;)

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
No idea if he will come to us - just pointing out how positive Brendan Rodgers was about the Albion when he was on TV this weekend. As for this guy's attitude - we have no real idea what he is like do we. Gus won't take a trouble maker (unless he thinks he can reform him). In Gus we trust.

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
Is Harley good enough for us?

How does he compare to other candidates touted on here - such as Lansbury, apart from being cheaper?

Interesting that Gus is also in for another forward but like many I hope he will get some decent defensive cover too.

If we get that lot before the end of the transfer window it will be very good business and should suffice. Blimey what a summer of signings....and thats before we decide about a permanent deal for KLL.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales

How does he compare to other candidates touted on here - such as Lansbury, apart from being cheaper?

Interesting that Gus is also in for another forward but like many I hope he will get some decent defensive cover too.

If we get that lot before the end of the transfer window it will be very good business and should suffice. Blimey what a summer of signings....and thats before we decide about a permanent deal for KLL.
Gus has wanted Harley for a long time, he must see something in him......that's good enough for me :)

Mammoth

Kickin' back
Jan 28, 2011
Manchester Ship Canal

I think we'd all be reassured with a couple of quality defenders coming into the club. No offence to Greer and Dunk, but the side could easily become unbalanced in favour of the forwards. A cold shiver runs down my spine when I think of Keegan's newcastle tactics. We're gonna score one more than you....

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
I dont really understand why Swansea signed him?
They loaned him straight back to Exeter which suggested they didn't need him for the Championship and if they didn't need him for the Championship then why would they need him in the Prem?
Ok maybe if they hadn't gone up then they would have used him this season but again a player they didn't need last season, is that team strengthening?

Or did Brendan Rodgers just think, Gus is after him so he can obviously play a bit!

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila

Well Lansbury is good enough for Arsenal now and England one day, if he was sold would go to top half of the Prem or Norwich which he loved if not interested in the money etc. and wanted to be the star player for a team to play through, in the Prem on Prem wages! Harley is a L1 player more than capable of stepping up to the Championship but not good enough to scrape into the Prem just yet (sound like a certain club's current state?).

Kubes

Jan 6, 2010
I see the Argus describes Harley as "cultured". "well the boys are struggling a bit with the Guardian cryptic crossword pre-match and he is just the sort of player who can get those awkward anagrams!"

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
I reckon Gus knows a good player when he sees one as a rule but wouldn't Harley be better off biding his time at Swansea ? According to the bookies Swansea's stay in the Premier will be brief (I hope they're wrong) so he will have plenty of opportunities there. Of course if he decides to cut his loses he would be a great asset to us.

Last edited:

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
We definitely need some players in to challenge the likes of Sparrow and Dicker- who should really be looking over their shoulders after their performances on Saturday. Would be delighted if we got Harley in.

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
Seems to me Swansea saw him as a good championship prospect and think that he will not make an impact in the premiership. They got him on a free so they have very little to lose. if we can we should buy him outright as I think players on permanent deals settle quickly

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here