Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ryan Harley

BrickTamland

Mar 2, 2010
Brighton
Only way I could see it happening is if we go in for a possible loan, all depends on who Swansea buy this summer, if they buy the right players then Harley could be surplus and we could swoop in with an offer.

Tis a shame that he would now demand a fee when we could of got him for free from Exeter, not our fault of course as Swansea gave Exeter a great deal

Coleby1007

Feb 28, 2011
Lancing
Hmm, I'd overlooked that. Seems a bizarre transfer in general, really.

Agreed. I think it was a signing made as insurance if they didnt go up. I think they have better than him already and will only improve over the summer. Are they likely to accept an offer in the region of £100,000-200,000?? After all they got him for free and more than likely havnt paid his wages ever, who knows, but i cant seeing him getting a chance in the prem. I also dont know how long he signed for but would another long term loan even be viable for player and club???

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
he went to Swansea for a fee even though his contract would have been up in July - I believe it was around the quarter mill mark.
Loan at least seems very possible indeed as I am pretty sure he was the guy that Gus thought was the special one (Naylor agreed fwiw) and saw as a long term component in the planned rise and rise of BHAFC

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Much as I like the idea of bringing him on-board the Gus Bus, I can't see the player being too happy about a move away from his big Prem opportunity (even if the chance he will play in the top flight is negligible to zero)...

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011
he seems a little arrogant when really he has achieved very little.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Shame... no doubt he is a very good player...

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
According to Naylor we have 'renewed our interest' in Harley...... interesting. Swansea seen he is not quite Prem standard ?

Sitch

Jul 3, 2011
According to Naylor we have 'renewed our interest' in Harley...... interesting. Swansea seen he is not quite Prem standard ?

Where's Naylor said this? Not sure about this one, I think we need someone with higher league experience.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Regardless of what Brighton and Swansea chiefs think, I'd imagine Harley would like at least half a season in the Prem!

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Interesting Swansea link though with Brendan Rodgers' son being at the Albion (Anton) - and it was his Dad who pressed him to join the Albion when he got the offer because of the way Gus plays and develops players.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Interesting Swansea link though with Brendan Rodgers' son being at the Albion (Anton) - and it was his Dad who pressed him to join the Albion when he got the offer because of the way Gus plays and develops players.
Good thinking, it would suggest though that any deal would be a loan not permanent.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
So, this isn't a rubbish thread then?

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Naylor on Twitter. Harley takes free kicks and can play wide or central midfield. Runs with the ball well and can pass. Only reservation is potential off-field behaviour so hope that rumour isn't true. Certainly anything but a lazy player. I've been saying for a while that Gus won't have lost sight of him so not surprised

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here