Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ryan Harley

Coleby1007

Feb 28, 2011
Lancing
I remember we were in for him and close to signing him before Swansea came in for him. Not sure how he did for Exeter towards the end of the season but do you think there is a chance we would go back in for him now Swansea are in the prem. Assuming they have better options that is?

BrickTamland

Mar 2, 2010
Brighton
I was also thinking this, very much doubt he would cut it in the prem. Surely Swansea knew there would have been a possibility of getting promoted considering they have been in the top part of the playoffs for the majority of the season, so maybe Brendan Rodgers thinks he is capable back up. Only he knows but he would certainly be a good signing for us IMO

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
It's possible, I checked the Swansea boards to see if there were any rumours about him going on loan. They all seem to be of the opinion that he's a) lazy and b) enjoys a drink. If that's the case I'm suprised Gus is/was after him.

The Terminator

Aug 7, 2010

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
JUSt f*** OFF , your the most one of the most negative person i have come across

I think he's actually a bit spesh.

"i just fink dat we shud wait n see who we buy coz we dont no who we r gonna buy and dats just my view its how i feel".

Gibberish.

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
It's a good question. If he was deemed not good enough to contribute to their Championship campaign (bear in mind he's 26, so hardly a youngster in need of game time), then he's VERY unlikely to feature in the Premier League next season. But then you have to query why they signed him in the first place, as they were looking a good bet for promotion in Jan.

He certainly suits the passing style played by ourselves and Swansea though, so if he was to be loaned out, I reckon we'd have a decent chance of getting him.

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
They brought him knowing they might go up.And dont forget he was a free transfer.Dont think they would sell him or let him go on loan without seeing what the player can do.

BrickTamland

Mar 2, 2010
Brighton
It's a good question. If he was deemed not good enough to contribute to their Championship campaign (bear in mind he's 26, so hardly a youngster in need of game time), then he's VERY unlikely to feature in the Premier League next season. But then you have to query why they signed him in the first place, as they were looking a good bet for promotion in Jan.

He certainly suits the passing style played by ourselves and Swansea though, so if he was to be loaned out, I reckon we'd have a decent chance of getting him.

I thought it was part of the agreement with Exeter that they loaned him straight back to them when they signed him, one of the main reasons Swansea got him instead of us

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
I thought it was part of the agreement with Exeter that they loaned him straight back to them when they signed him, one of the main reasons Swansea got him instead of us

correct he was loaned back to them...so he never had the chance to play for the swans

HalfTimeOrange

Dec 29, 2009
Worthing
Only way I could see it happening is if we go in for a possible loan, all depends on who Swansea buy this summer, if they buy the right players then Harley could be surplus and we could swoop in with an offer.

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
Hmm, I'd overlooked that. Seems a bizarre transfer in general, really.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here