Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ryan Harley comments please

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
I'm not inclined to over critisise an Albion player but last night I couldn't find a single good thing to say about Harley. Apart from the penalty he bottled just about every tackle.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Seems like there's there's polarised opinions .. either "he's shit" or "give him a chance" or maybe both ... surely giving him a run in the reserves and seeing if his attitude copes with that would be a good way of determining?

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Harley annoyed the bejesus out of me last night, and has done when I've seen him play - but the majority of players gus has signed do seem to take a while to get playing "our" way as did our existing squad when Gus took over and I am now thinking Harley falls into this category and it's way too soon to be writing him off imho

D

Deleted member 18477

I dont know if it has already been mentioned anywhere, but Matt Sparrows dad was at the Millwall game and was ranting in the bogs at half time about how much CMS and Harley were on.. He said £8k Harley and £17k CMS.

well CMS is very decent! but harley? jesus f***ing christ. money down the drain!

gingerdread

Aug 20, 2011
I dont know if it has already been mentioned anywhere, but Matt Sparrows dad was at the Millwall game and was ranting in the bogs at half time about how much CMS and Harley were on.. He said £8k Harley and £17k CMS.

You wanna be careful who you talk to in the bogs!!!

patcham lad

Nov 27, 2009
according to bbc sport - harley stops up to take penelty looking indecisive - why why why - i'm not a fan of wayne rooney bit least he has some BALLS

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
Just curious to know...how do you know it was Sparrow's dad?

I met a bloke at gard du nord last summer claiming to be matt sparrows dad - also saw the bloke in the bogs claiming to be matt sparrows dad - to be fair to him it was the same bloke - so he appears to be taking the role of pretending to be matt sparrow's dad quite seriously....

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
I met a bloke at gard du nord last summer claiming to be matt sparrows dad - also saw the bloke in the bogs claiming to be matt sparrows dad - to be fair to him it was the same bloke - so he appears to be taking the role of pretending to be matt sparrow's dad quite seriously....

Very funny - made me laugh and not much does that on here!

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
I think it's fair to say that the jury is still out on Harley. He clearly has ability, but he seems to be a bit of a bottler and have a bit of arrogance about him. If Gus can sort both those things out then I reckon he will come good. It's not fair to judge him until the end of the season really.

I thought he was shocking last night though, although he was better in the second half. Painter was woeful as well, he is the one player who regularly starts who is clearly not up to this level.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Penalty was awful, and he really can't tackle. But on the ball he's definitely one of our best players. When the team is struggling for form, he's probably not the man. When we have some momentum he probably is. He reminds me of Dean Wilkins. Terrible so see a small minority booing him last night, and personally I didn't think he was that bad. He was usually the man picking up the second ball from our aimless punts to CMS

Personally I think he'll come good.

The majority of this...... jury out on whether he'll come good

You should NEVER boo your own team, shame on whoever did.

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one

Not sure about the 17k for CMS, maybe after bounus if he plays and scores a winner maybe. But I've got it on very good authority that CMS is on 10k

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
Im bouncing this thread when he starts turning in quality performances.

I rate him highly.

I have this feeling you will be right.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I haven't read the whole thread and I wasn't at the game so my opinion is probably worth jack shit. From the commentary it sounded like he had a complete nightmare 1st half and did much better in the 2nd. Seems he didn't try and hide as I think I heard his name mentioned more than any other player last night. This, imo, is a good sign when a player is having a stinker, disappearing would have been the easy option :shrug:

I think Gus believes in him and he will come good. Don't remember the last player who irritated so many Albion fans so much, could it have been Darius Henderson or Kitson?

Last edited:

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
His first half was quite possible the worst performance I have ever witnessed from a supposed big signing. Waltzed around like he couldn't give a f***, looked totally disinterested and has the presents of a man who's doing us a favour just being here. As for the penalty, well I honestly think he should be fined a weeks wages for such a pathetic attempt.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here