Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Russia invades Ukraine (24/02/2022)

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
A bit of good news for the forum:

'Russian economy to shrink by 18% by 2023 - report'

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/world-europe-61726733 21:42 8 Jun

'Global banking experts believe Russia's economy will shrink 15% by the end of the year - and a further 3% in 2023 - due to Western sanctions, a mass exodus of companies and a collapse in exports.
The figures could be even worse if Europe fully weans itself off Russian energy, the Institute of International Finance (IIF) warned.
In a report about the effects of war on Russia's finances, the IFF said measures imposed on Moscow by the UK, EU and US would only expand and tighten in the coming months.
They've already triggered the "full disintegration of 30 years of investment" for Russia, Elina Ribakova, the IIF's deputy chief economist, said. She added it was hard to put a figure on "ripping apart 15 years of value chains".

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
As far as I'm concerned, this should be the number one news item every day. Whether Katie Price has had another boob job or not, doesn't concern me.

I'm not sure I agree, as people are more likely to be concerned with things that are directly impacting them (i.e. cost of living crisis) and the news should reflect that. I think the current setup at the Guardian (3rd biggest story after Cost of Living and RMT strike) is about right.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
The two Britons fighting for Ukraine have been sentenced to death by a kangaroo court.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/world-europe-61726733

Boris says "Putin to blame for UK cost of living crisis"

Nope nothing to do with Brexit or your lack of leadership, and investment in the country where it is needed or any lack of preparation to leave Europe.
Idiot, let's move on and blame everything that is wrong with the country on an outside force, where have we heard that before.
utter Tw@t

On the two British prisoners, will they go through with the death penalty or will they be bargaining chips ?
I am conflicted on if we should do something, when thousands of brave Ukrainian and other nationalities may not have that luxury.

Last edited:

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
The two Britons fighting for Ukraine have been sentenced to death by a kangaroo court.

Nope nothing to do with Brexit or your lack of leadership, and investment in the country where it is needed or any lack of preparation to leave Europe.
Idiot, let's move on and blame everything that is wrong with the country on an outside force, where have we heard that before.
utter Tw@t

On the two British prisoners, will they go through with the death penalty or will they be bargaining chips ?
I am conflicted on if we should do something, when thousands of brave Ukrainian and other nationalities may not have that luxury.

Utterly barbaric regime, they were de facto Ukrainians since they had married/settled out there, unlike the Syrian Mercenaries the Kremlin has imported to do their dirty work.

Why is the EU still importing Oil & Gas from these ********?

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021

utter Tw@t

They might go through with it in the end. Until then, they absolutely are bargaining chips / hostages. Nicely done Liz Truss for encouraging people to go fight there. My view is that we shouldn't attempt to do any bargaining. It's two lives, who knew what they were getting in for, up against the thousands of innocents being lost.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
They might go through with it in the end. Until then, they absolutely are bargaining chips / hostages. Nicely done Liz Truss for encouraging people to go fight there. My view is that we shouldn't attempt to do any bargaining. It's two lives, who knew what they were getting in for, up against the thousands of innocents being lost.

I'm sorry this is bollocks, it is clear they went out there to settle & get married to local girls years ago, but happened to be patriotic enough to fight for their adopted Country. Nowt to do with Truss

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
I'm sorry this is bollocks, it is clear they went out there to settle & get married to local girls years ago, but happened to be patriotic enough to fight for their adopted Country. Nowt to do with Truss

Fair enough

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

utter Tw@t

That'll be another war crime to add to Vlad the defiler's charge sheet - but he'll hide behind the fact it is an act of the so-called Peoples' Republic of Donetsk.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
He will be replaced by someone just like him. Putin might die, but it's Putinism which will need to be defeated
No, pretty sure there will be some wholesale changes when Putin departs. Leaders in the West will offer some huge incentives to immediately cease fire.

Russia will have to pay a huge amount to rebuild Ukraine and withdraw but they face being international pariahs for the foreseeable. Anyone who steps in to Putin's shoes and tries to continue the war won't last long.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Russia running out of modern weapons. Oh dear Prickin, looks like your defences will soon be shot to
sh*t once the new hi-tech precision kit gets to the Ukraine army. See short entry entitled "Russia having to
resort to old artillery as it runs out of weapons"

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/world-europe-61764008

Live in hope that his army gets mullered and retreats in tatters, and he suffers a grisly and painful assassination.

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
Russia running out of modern weapons. Oh dear Prickin, looks like your defences will soon be shot to
sh*t once the new hi-tech precision kit gets to the Ukraine army. See short entry entitled "Russia having to
resort to old artillery as it runs out of weapons"

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/world-europe-61764008

There was another report on the same link that Ukraine are running out of ammo. But I think the west are about to send more.

Who is going to supply Russia with new weapons?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here