Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Russia invades Ukraine (24/02/2022)

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
the thing that everyone misses, is that the old world we knew a few weeks ago is over forever. Putin has gone full Hitler, invading countries, committing genocide and trying to intimidate against involvement with nukes.

There will be a day where NATO has to get involved, as he wont stop. Its now or later, not now or never

Absolutely.

The ONLY good thing about buying a few months or years is that it gives time for a deus ex machina event like a Putin fatal heart attack to change the course of the future.

Otherwise World War 3 is locked in.

The world changed forever in Feb 2022, we are not going back to life as it was before.

Last edited:

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
And where is the humanity in ending pretty much all life (not just human) on Earth?

A billion years of evolution.
Thousands of years of human progress.
As far as we know, the only place in the entire universe where complex life can be found.

And some would choose to swat it away as if it were no more trivial than a fly on a summer’s afternoon.

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
As far as we know, the only place in the entire universe where complex life can be found.

And some would choose to swat it away as if it were no more trivial than a fly on a summer’s afternoon.

Heart over head decision, although I fully understand where the emotion comes from.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
So you’d rather put the entire future of life on earth at risk instead? It’s a bet too extreme for my liking.
I'd rather stop Putin now.

I'd rather not be defeated by his psychological warfare.

Face him up. Make him know that if he nukes Warsaw, we nuke Minsk. Nuke Berlin and St Petersburg goes. London or Paris and that's Moscow in ash.

Let the Chinese know that this is how it is and what lies in store for the planet they share. Let them know they all die too.

The Chinese will rein Putin in.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

Face him up. Make him know that if he nukes Warsaw, we nuke Minsk. Nuke Berlin and St Petersburg goes. London or Paris and that's Moscow in ash.

Let the Chinese know that this is how it is and what lies in store for the planet they share. Let them know they all die too.

So your grand strategy is to rely on Putin doing the right thing when push comes to shove? And if he fails that the Chinese will?

Good luck with that.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

Does he not already know that? :shrug:

Do you think China and Russia think the West has 5000 nukes for the fun of it?

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

Would you be happy to live in a police state under Putin's control.

You seem to think that if Nato does get involved Putin will definitely use the Nukes. That's not the case. He may but there are plenty of other scenarios that don't include nukes.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Does he not already know that? :shrug:

Do you think China and Russia think the West has 5000 nukes for the fun of it?
Absolutely he knows.

This is why it is so frustrating that his Putin-is-a-madman ACT designed to generate the outcomes he wants seems to be a massively successful psychological warfare attack.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

You seem to think that if Nato does get involved Putin will definitely use the Nukes. That's not the case. He may but there are plenty of other scenarios that don't include nukes.

Heck of a gamble to take though

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

I live in a country under the NATO banner, if Putin attacks a NATO country that is the end of the world.

That is not the case in Ukraine, and there is no reason for it to become it unless people in NATO allow emotion to triumph over reason.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Absolutely he knows.

This is why it is so frustrating that his Putin-is-a-madman ACT designed to generate the outcomes he wants seems to be a massively successful psychological warfare attack.

It’s not necessarily nuclear conflict that is the only worry regarding an escalation. Even a conventional war that expands from here and you are looking at the civilian death toll growing by powers of ten.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
I believe he would do it, and you clearly don't. We can only agree to disagree on that.

As for the rest, I'm sure Putin is fully aware of the consequences for him and his country, as well as the consequences for us.

I dont think he'll do it if done the right way, there are ways of doing it indirectly....... We shouldnt take no fly off table, but we wouldnt need to neccessarily just do it which is NATO/US v Russia in Putins eyes.

if we state to the Chinese we are not going to stand by and watch this indiscrimate murder of civillians any longer, that we dont want to ge involved but we will be enforcing a no fly zone to strictly end this murder and bombing of civillian areas in cities, unless you can reign in Putin. Once we do enforce no fly, we will have no choice but to reluctently increase the nuclear state of readiness as Putin may lash out in revenge, the Chinese will then be left with a decision.

Make them 100% convinced that is the course of action and they'll rein him in imho. If they havent got to make a decision they wont, if you give them this choice, theyre not going to choose silence.

The Chinese benefit hugely from the current economic world model. You can create leverage on the Chinese to rein him in

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Now we know they are spouting complete bollocks.

Zolochiv is about 500 miles from Kharkiv. Nearby my arse.

No there is one near Kharkiv too, just north west of city, next to border and under russian control.... where are these alleged residents?

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
I dont think he'll do it if done the right way, there are ways of doing it indirectly....... We shouldnt take no fly off table, but we wouldnt need to neccessarily just do it which is NATO/US v Russia in Putins eyes.

if we state to the Chinese we are not going to stand by and watch this indiscrimate murder of civillians any longer, that we dont want to ge involved but we will be enforcing a no fly zone to strictly end this murder and bombing of civillian areas in cities, unless you can reign in Putin. Once we do enforce no fly, we will have no choice but to reluctently increase the nuclear state of readiness as Putin may lash out in revenge, the Chinese will then be left with a decision.

Make them 100% convinced that is the course of action and they'll rein him in imho. If they havent got to make a decision they wont, if you give them this choice, theyre not going to choose silence.

The Chinese benefit hugely from the current economic world model. You can create leverage on the Chinese to rein him in

A wonderful scenario if it worked, but can you explain to me why Putin would allow himself to be reined-in by China?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here