Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Russia invades Ukraine (24/02/2022)

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
I agree, how would the USA react to the Warsaw Pact extended to Canada and Mexico?

We know exactly how the US would react as seen in the Cuban missile crisis and various other actions against left wing governments in South America which they treat as there own back garden...

Not sure though we can exactly map what's going on in Eastern Europe to that though - countries like Poland , Hungary, the Baltic states wanted to get away from Russia as they see more freedom in the west , NATO is seen to provide that and Ukraine sees similar and one could say is more entitled to NATO protection because they gave up all the nuclear weapons stationed there.

Dark times.

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
I'd guess they'd try to surround it, collapse the goverment and try to install pro Moscow puppet proxies.

One thing is for sure, if Putin can get control, Freedom of the population and their aspirations to move towards the EU will be brutally repressed. Blinken mentioned yesterday, that Russia has plans to target certain groups.

Almost certainly they will be all the pro western Ukrainians and political parties, who will be imprisoned or have a sudden mystery fatal illness.

And many more of the younger generation will try to leave Ukraine, one way or another.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Have to say I'm with Russia on this one

'Ukraine: Invasion fears are hype and hysteria - Russian diplomat'

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/world-europe-60411203

e069c22ab98cb6b7b094a683aaff7d92.jpg

MTSeagulls

Sep 18, 2019
I just clicked on Russia v Ukraine on Sporting Life and it says the teams have been announced and the players are warming up.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Well with his troops staying in Belarus indefinitely now, Putin has occupied that country with no reaction.

Win #1 for Putin.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Have to say I'm with Russia on this one

'Ukraine: Invasion fears are hype and hysteria - Russian diplomat'

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/world-europe-60411203

Youre with Russia? read a headline or 2 and make an informed decision as to whats happening?

Its BS THPP, it isnt anything to do with NATO, nothing has changed with NATO, no new countries have joined from eastern europe in years and those that did chose to of their own free will (to escape Moscow hegemony). Ukraine has aspired to join since 2008.... since when in the last couple of months, this totally artificial crises was created by Putin who amassed half of the whole Russian army on Ukraines borders and started conducted war games all around it. For the first time since the 1960's units from the far east in Siberia moved to the west..... Theyve set up field hospitals with blood banks and I trust western intelligence 10x more, that a potential invasion is imminent, than those who bullshit 99% of the time.

This is the same Putin who denied he was going to invade Crimea, and then denied the troops without insignia who did invade were Russians.

Putin saw our chaotic withdrawel from Afghanistan, a new German chancellor, struggling economies and rising energy prices and sensed an opportunity to try and rewrite the european security architecture and split the west with differing priorities. He knew full well his ridiculous requests to move NATO back to pre 1997 positions would or could never be accepted nor could a Russian veto on which sovereign nations can or cant join. There were no large scale troops or weapons massed on his border, there is now a high chance there will be after Putins malign actions.

Is sovereign Ukraine not allowed to buy weapons to defend itself against a powerful bully who tries to destablise and subjugate it?

And I'll say it again...... all of this is a red herring, an excuse.......... If you want to know the reason why all this Putin instigated Charade is really happening imho, It is as I said a few weeks ago, but yesterday Anne Applebaum, historian and journalist absolutely nailed this reality of why Putin is doing all of this, when interviewed outside the Munich Security conference. (from 2:47)

Its all about his personal interest and his personal power. He's terrified of being strung up by his own people.

Last edited:

PeterT

Apr 21, 2017
Hove
I assume it’s no coincidence that the predicted kick off time is to be after that other pariah state has concluded its staging of the Winter Olympics.

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
Theyve set up field hospitals with blood banks

Am I right in thinking we haven't had any further reports of the Russians withdrawing?

Setting up field hospitals and blood banks isn't really consistent with dodgy videos of tanks being loaded onto trains.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Am I right in thinking we haven't had any further reports of the Russians withdrawing?

Setting up field hospitals and blood banks isn't really consistent with dodgy videos of tanks being loaded onto trains.

Theyre not withdrawing, they have some rotations but numbers remain consistent.

fantastic twitter thread from independent investagative team "Bellingcat", it was they that pieced together much of the evidence that proved Russian shot down the Malaysian airliner over Ukraine, and they they that dug out the exact real names and all details of the 2 GRU operatives who carried out the chemical attack in Salisbury here. They completely disseminate the BS false flag published by the puppet DNR this week (with video) that alleged Polish saboteurs were attacking a chlorine facility.

It was they also, that proved the DNR leaders evactuation video in which he states its Friday 18th February and talks about the shelling of residential areas in Donetsk and the explision of the car bomb outside their HQ (that requires a civilian evacuation) was by meta data, made 2 days earlier on February 16th..... He's either Nostradarmus reincarnated, seing as he predicts what does happen 2 days later, or they are yet again shooting at their own people to blame Ukraine (for the Russian TV audience)

look at this series of tweets that catches the BS propagandists with their pants down

[tweet]1495355366141534208[/tweet]

and here is that video being discssed on Russian 60 minutes on Rossiya 1 the main state TV station. Youll see the fake video in the first 30 seconds

and I got this from one of the replies, that made me :lolol:

[tweet]1495136538455420938[/tweet]

Last edited:

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
if there is some hype and hysteria, it orginates with Russia's actions.

Exactly! I heard the other day that NATO will not accept membersip anyway from a country with border disputes -presumably bacause they don't want to be dragged into a conflict. Also the few hundred British troops in the Baltic States for example do not constitute a threat to Russia and in the 70 years or so of NATO's exixtence, there has never been a whiff of the alliance becoming aggressive towards another nation. Indeed during my time in Germany, the then West German Army, the Bundeswehr was not allowed to have military maps of East Germany, as their remit was purely defensive.Putin will know all this and if he feels surrounded, then I submit that he wants to feel like this for propaganda purposes. Look at me defending the Motherland.
If the Russian regime were to stop clubbing (and worse) protestors, stop killing dissidents abroad and stop the state-run drug taking of their athletes for example, and embrace the family of nations rather more, then perhaps bordering states would not have so much need to welcome the defensive shield that NATO provides.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
If the Russian regime were to stop clubbing (and worse) protestors, stop killing dissidents abroad and stop the state-run drug taking of their athletes for example, and embrace the family of nations rather more, then perhaps bordering states would not have so much need to welcome the defensive shield that NATO provides.

Quite. A country which seems to have no problems with bullying and threatening it’s neighbours can’t really complain if they take steps to try and protect themselves.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Theyre not withdrawing, they have some rotations but numbers remain consistent.

fantastic twitter thread from independent investagative team "Bellingcat", it was they that pieced together much of the evidence that proved Russian shot down the Malaysian airliner over Ukraine, and they they that dug out the exact real names and all details of the 2 GRU operatives who carried out the chemical attack in Salisbury here. They completely disseminate the BS false flag published by the puppet DNR this week (with video) that alleged Polish saboteurs were attacking a chlorine facility.

It was they also, that proved the DNR leaders evactuation video in which he states its Friday 18th February and talks about the shelling of residential areas in Donetsk and the explision of the car bomb outside their HQ (that requires a civilian evacuation) was by meta data, made 2 days earlier on February 16th..... He's either Nostradarmus reincarnated, seing as he predicts what does happen 2 days later, or they are yet again shooting at their own people to blame Ukraine (for the Russian TV audience)

look at this series of tweets that catches the BS propagandists with their pants down

[tweet]1495355366141534208[/tweet]

and here is that video being discssed on Russian 60 minutes on Rossiya 1 the main state TV station. Youll see the fake video in the first 30 seconds

and I got this from one of the replies, that made me :lolol:

[tweet]1495136538455420938[/tweet]

The Russians have ben caught out time after time by Bellingcat and investigative journalists but are quite happy to front up their lies. We have to hope that when Putin has gone there could be a chance that the next President/Prime Minister will not be so intent on threatening its neighbours constantly.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here