Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Russia invades Ukraine (24/02/2022)

Albion in the north

Jul 13, 2012
Ooop North
Won’t accept my email address ?

Did you manage? I think you can donate withpout giving an email address.
Screenshot 2022-02-28 at 22.24.55.png
Scanning the QR code should do it.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Sorry if already mentioned, but has there been much of a movement yet to stop shops selling Russian products yet? Vodka being the obvious one.
Surely bars and supermarkets should be switching to Polish suppliers?

Crude and refined oil are the biggest items the UK buys from Russia; stop driving!

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Russian Millionaire CEO Offers $1 Million For Putin's Arrest

Finance and construction mogul Alex Konanykhin said he would pay $1 million to any officer or officers who successfully arrest Putin following his invasion of Ukraine.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Guys, however well intended, please do not link pictures or videos you have found of prisoners of war. These videos are in breach of the Geneva Convention.

Not only that, if the prisoner can now be identified in his homeland. Some may argue that 'it's out there already', That's not the point.

If what he says is voluntary, then he is at risk. If what he has said is forced- then that contravenes another part of the convention and its coverage is illegal.

Just think.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Surely Russia and China need a functioning west to prosper, but presumably they'd prefer one over which they had more power.

Give it 20 years and China won’t have to worry about that.

A reading recommendation for anyone who wants a better understanding of international relations and how countries react with each other, “Prisoners of Geography” by Tim Marshall.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Guys, however well intended, please do not link pictures or videos you have found of prisoners of war. These videos are in breach of the Geneva Convention.

Not only that, if the prisoner can now be identified in his homeland. Some may argue that 'it's out there already', That's not the point.

If what he says is voluntary, then he is at risk. If what he has said is forced- then that contravenes another part of the convention and its coverage is illegal.

Just think.

Which post number(s) has this happened on? Any linked pictures or videos can be deleted if necessary.

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Which post number(s) has this happened on? Any linked pictures or videos can be deleted if necessary.

It's been removed. All good.

Albion in the north

Jul 13, 2012
Ooop North
Thanks [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] and NSC. Amazing response to our appeal and lots of BHA fans and forum members donating. Very humbling. Total stands at £1765.

My wife has a Telegram group with family and friends in Ukraine and Russia. They communicate every morning and evening. Check that they are all ok and share their stories.
For the last 3 nights there have been attempted amphibious landings in Odessa but none thankfully have been successful. The ships now seem to have gone but they dont know where to.
There is definitely a change in attitude amongst some of the Pro Russian Ukrainians. They are starting to question what is going on, but it is difficult for them to admit the truth after the years of propoganda.
A friend from Moscow was complaining that she can no longer buy anything online as her cards arent accepted and there are queues at banks to access their money. Not sure if they blame Putin or the West for that one though.

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Assume it was directed at me so I’ve done so already

Please don't think I was having a go, as I don't think for one minute it was linked in malice.

They are turning up everywhere, and even Facebook doesn't seem to care.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here