Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Russia invades Ukraine (24/02/2022)

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
I have heard that Russia has 900 odd airliners leased from Irish companies that will have their leasing agreements torn up under sanctions. Not that they can fly anywhere now, but repossession will be a challenge!

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Been passed over to multiple different parts of the Home Office on the phone this morning in trying to get my in-laws here- totally unhelpful, bordering on obstructive, and nobody has a clue what's going on. Time to see if my MP is as useless as I assumed she is...

It is to be announced. When I don't know. It's still only visas and not an open invite.

[tweet]1498631087249051651[/tweet]

Albion in the north

Jul 13, 2012
Ooop North
Isn't that massive convoy a sitting duck for missile / drone strikes? Do Ukraine not have that sort of weaponry?

According to the Ukrainian Ambassador to the Uk. He says that they only have surveillance drones from Turkey and they have also been working on their own drones but they are not operational yet. But he wouldnt admit they had them even if they did. And I hope that they now have.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
NST maybe not right forum to praise Boris but thought he spoke very well in Poland today

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
I don’t think the good people of Croatia would agree… she may have caused mass panic.

To this thread it’s irrelevant. Saying that If it had been a Tory MP you wouldn’t have mentioned it.
You don’t do yourself any favours do you?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Did the Labour choice for Home Secretary in 2019 just say Putins tanks rolling into Croatia?
Good Lord.

Can you answer your own question? Did they say that? You got a link? Was it more like they don't know the difference between the countries or just that they said the wrong country? Is it the main thing that you're concerned about at the moment?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
According to the Ukrainian Ambassador to the Uk. He says that they only have surveillance drones from Turkey and they have also been working on their own drones but they are not operational yet. But he wouldnt admit they had them even if they did. And I hope that they now have.
They have TB2 Bayraktar drones. Which have been happily destroying Russian armour for days.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Isn't that massive convoy a sitting duck for missile / drone strikes? Do Ukraine not have that sort of weaponry?

Ukrainian pilots are on their way to Poland to pick up the fighter jets that the EU(?) have given them, so they will help.

It reminds me of the photos of German armour lined up waiting to go through the Ardennes

Scappa

Jul 5, 2017

Albion in the north

Jul 13, 2012
Ooop North
My money's on Ursula. Actually, it is. I used to invest a bit in Russia, just for a laugh.

Who in their right mind, would go near a Russian company now? The whole economy is finished.

Invest in wheelbarrows Dave. There are 144 million customers in Russia who will need one to transport their rubles. :wink:

We all hope thats the case "Eric". Yes, the economy is finished but even that will take some time to filter through. Maybe that will galvanise the Russian people behind Putin, who knows? Hes a great at propoganda. I dont think it will happen that way, but its certainly an option.
The more worrying part is what happens when he realises hes f@£$%^d it up? Will someone get to him? Will he take himself to a bunker somewhere and finish himself? Or will he want to go out in a blaze of glory?
Thanks for your donation, by the way.

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
Can you answer your own question? Did they say that? You got a link? Was it more like they don't know the difference between the countries or just that they said the wrong country? Is it the main thing that you're concerned about at the moment?

I thought I was hearing things, but yes she did say it. The relevance being, up until recently she was insinuating NATO was responsible for all this, fortunately the leader of Her Majesty’s loyal opposition has reigned in the dozen or so opposition MPs that hold this ridiculous view.Hopefully our politicians can now move forward with one united voice against Putins aggression.
I digress now, I was extremely proud at how our Prime Minister spoke today in Poland, very statesman like.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here