Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Russia invades Ukraine (24/02/2022)

Dec 29, 2011
I can fully understand this, there are probably thousands of Eastern Europeans with some military service/national service who feel strongly enough to fight against the Russians. There are no shortages of volunteers in Ukraine but every man counts. It's only total opposition to the invasion that can save Ukraine from occupation and the domino effect of invasion of adjacent countries. "

Good point. The anti Russia sentiment is strong across the Baltic and Slavic states, I'm sure they'll have a few nut cases who want to head into Ukraine to find a bit of action.

Dec 29, 2011
The suggestion as a location is ridiculous

Putin knows this. But in Russian media he can say, "we're trying to offer peace talks but Ukraine wants to continue the war!" Or something like that. It's all about spin, and currently there doesn't seem much domestic support for the war in Russia.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
One for anyone who fancies a history lesson on a Sunday morning (full Twitter thread on link)

[tweet]1497842102620901378[/tweet]

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
I can fully understand this, there are probably thousands of Eastern Europeans with some military service/national service who feel strongly enough to fight against the Russians. There are no shortages of volunteers in Ukraine but every man counts. It's only total opposition to the invasion that can save Ukraine from occupation and the domino effect of invasion of adjacent countries.

There was a heartfelt appeal by a Ukrainian lady MP ( or equivalent ) saying they needed all the help they could get " This fight is your fight, Ukrainians are fighting a war that you will have to fight next "

Theres already a huge scattered diaspora of Chechens, who were in Chechnya before Putin's ruthless puppet Kadyrova took power. They're coming to fight. Kadyrova has 10k lunatic islamic extremists already there. In the birthplace of Russian Orthodoxy his Chechen terrorists are here to kill Christian orthodox brothers.

Zelensky may have just been making a genuine heartfelt plea for foreigners to help out and fight, maybe it was actually co-ordinated?

Because now mercenaries could be paid for, plus militarys like our SAS and US marines/delta force etc, couid be given a few weeks leave To go fight in jeans wink wink?

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
[tweet]1497738628944080898[/tweet]

Igzilla

Sep 27, 2012
Worthing
I think the plan is to utilise their mobile crematoriums and avoid the bodies returning home

The Russians did the same in Georgia (?) and Checyna to hide the losses. There are families still fighting the government to get the truth as to why their sons never returned home.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
MSM cant even spell keyev properly they keep calling it Kyiv

Shows you what theys know typical snowflakes

Regards

DF
Can somebody at Mod towers do something about the resident Nazi warmonger?

It isn't remotely amusing, and the account is becoming grotesque

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Surely when people see dead soldiers returning people will be back protesting in Moscow

They won't see any. The Russians have mobile crematoria. I shit you not. They will say 'missing' troops are missing, possibly as deserters.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
[tweet]1497707469350526986[/tweet]

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
[tweet]1497707469350526986[/tweet]

No wonder Roman Abramovic is worried.

But....to be clear did his daughter really tweet in support of the Ukranians or is Roman actually best buds with Putin? Both can't be true. Who knowns the facts?

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
I have to say Truss went up in my opinion this morning on the tv. Answered the question about "should people go into
Ukraine and help fight if they want". She was quite forward in her 100% approval. I think Russia will be fighting Europe
without realising it.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
The simple fact is that 'the West' has the power of sanctions that would immediately stop Putin's advances.

Whether it is in the interest of the majority of people in power in 'the West' to make this happen remains to be seen. I'm not holding my breath personally :(

I am very pleased to say that I may have to rethink this post from the beginning of the week ???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here