Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Russell Slade is new Albion manager (until the end of the season)

SICKASAGULL

Aug 26, 2007
Slade left Yeovil because of the small budget for new players so has Knight told him how small our budget was, and the fact it has been spent just before he signed.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Look TCB, people just get pissed off with the constant negativity and the hiding behind a username on NSC, by that I mean that I'd wager that a conversation with either of you in 'real life' would be much more objective and less over the top than some of yours and ww's posts on here.
I don't think you're in the same league as him for the moaning and subjectivity, but you're certanly getting tarred with the same brush. It would be easier to take ww seriously if there was a healthy mix of optimism in some of his 'opinions' but there isn't it's just a constant drone of we're shit, the clubs shit, the plyers are shit, I don't like this player, I don't like that player, we played shit, it's all shit.
For once can you just go with the flow, I've never heard of Slade either but I want to believe that he's good, everyone else wants to believe that he's good, but you two are turning into another negative binfest. Let everyone have a positive moment in peace :thumbsup:

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Just because WW doesn't like the man has absolutely bugger all relevance on my posts surely?!
In theory yes, but possibly not in practice. I could be wrong, but I'm just trying to point out why you seem to be getting abuse which is over the top in relation to what you've actually posted, I think you're copping flack because you two are mates and people see you as kind of the same entity (however stupid that may sound)
Or it could just that I'm very tired because it's late at night, and talkling rubbish.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Slade left Yeovil because of the small budget for new players so has Knight told him how small our budget was, and the fact it has been spent just before he signed.

Factually correct but the implication is that somehow the man has been stitched up here. Everybody spent any money they were going to spend in January - it's called the transfer window.

Feb 11, 2007
Brighton
Heard his interview and I am impressed - articulate, abole to discuss the game, appear to know the problem areas already and has a track record of building a squad.

Lets get behind him.

zego

Jul 10, 2003
Top Man

Just Google "Russell Slade" to see why.

For example:

Two Years ago ...
-----------------------------
D Telegraph - 29-May-2007

Yeovil reaping benefit of Slade's relaxed style.
By Sam Green
Last Updated: 2:55AM BST 29 May 2007

Football fans' forum.

Russell Slade opted for the local tenpin bowling centre last Friday morning, and that night his Yeovil players recorded a stunning 5-2 away win over former European champions Nottingham Forest to book their place in the play-off final against Blackpool.

Russell Slade, the League One manager of the year, opted for the local tenpin bowling centre last Friday morning, and that night his Yeovil players recorded
a stunning 5-2 away win over former European champions Nottingham Forest to book their place in tomorrow's play-off final against Blackpool.

It was indicative of Slade's managerial style. "Russell is a pretty laid-back bloke," said Yeovil striker Marcus Stewart, "he's a players' manager and the
lads really respond to that. This time last year the club had just scraped away from relegation. To go from that to the play-off final is a massive
turnaround."

Indeed, it is difficult to overstate what Slade and his assistant, Steve Thompson, with the backing of chairman John Fry, have achieved.

There are plans for stadium expansion at Yeovil, but could a club most famous for their FA Cup giant-killing feats during their non-League days really
survive in the Championship?

Slade said: "My opinion is that there's never a bad time to get promoted and if and when we do go up, we have the nucleus of a good squad. And it encourages me that we have 30,000 fans going to Wembley. That shows the potential."
-------------------------

I like the attitude revealed in the last paragraph.

Two weeks ago ...
D Telegraph - 16-Feb-2009

Russell Slade leaves managerial post at Yeovil
By Richard Bright
Last Updated: 10:26PM GMT 16 Feb 2009

Yeovil have parted company with manager Russell Slade with immediate effect.
Though the hoops: Russell Slade guided Yeovil to the League One play-off final at Wembley in his first sason in charge but has been frustrated by lack of
financial support.

The 48-year-old took over at Huish Park in June 2006 and steered the club to the League One play-off final in his first season in charge.

His last game came on Saturday when the Glovers recorded an impressive 3-1 victory at promotion-chasing Peterborough, their fourth win in a row.

Chairman John Fry announced on Saturday there would be "major changes" at the club due to the problems of the economic climate and Slade is believed to have been increasingly frustrated at the lack of money at his disposal.

Beating top teams, while winning 4th time in a row, didn't help him renew his 3yr contract about to run out, anymore than than beating top of league one Leicester at home, then drawing magnificently without conceding a goal away kept our Micky his job.

I didn't want Micky to go, but given that he has gone, we have now got as good a new manager as we could ever have hoped for - prospects very bright.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
I wonder how many people have now changed there minds.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here