Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Running

1066gull

I've properly been getting into this now, kinda addictive once you finally get going

Anyway I ran 2miles yesterday
felt so proud of myself

Anyone else on the fitness regime?

Seagull64

Sep 22, 2008
bumper-bucket-kfc.jpg

Silkster365

Oooo its a corner
Feb 21, 2009
Rustington
I started in March having never run before either. You'll be amazed how addictive it is, though sounds like you are finding that already. You'll start increasing your distances a lot quicker than you expect - I run 6 miles every other morning now and it feels no harder than when I started running just 1 mile at a time

highway61

Jun 30, 2009
Well done, great stuff mate. Have not yet progressed further than walking since I started the weight loss regime, fast approaching the 40lb mark lost, hopefully by end of month. Am walking around 5 miles a day and cycling similar. Saturday I did a personal best on the bike of 15 miles, was chuffed to hell

Smythe

Oct 8, 2008
Brightonian in Manchester
Done my first training run yesterday morning for next years Brighton marathon, ran about 2 1/2 miles at 5:30 am.......thought it would probably kill me for the rest of the day but it was the opposite....a great way to start the day!!!

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Came across this a few months back. Ignore the fact it's called Womens Running. The Running Diary is very neat. You can either plan a route or record a route and it logs exactly how far you have run each time. Not sure if it's unique but it's very handy:

http://www.womensrunninguk.co.uk/

Screengrab of some of my early runs below. And the runs in T Wells are not as "flat/easy" as this thing claims.

Attachments

• running.JPG
    running.JPG
    50.7 KB · Views: 496
Last edited by a moderator:

highway61

Jun 30, 2009
Well done, great stuff mate. Have not yet progressed further than walking since I started the weight loss regime, fast approaching the 40lb mark lost, hopefully by end of month. Am walking around 5 miles a day and cycling similar. Saturday I did a personal best on the bike of 15 miles, was chuffed to hell

just to add that i began at 336 pounds so am still a tad too heavy for serious running, i do jog a few yards every now and then whilst out walking, my plan is to try more once have lost 50lb which will be half way to target

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
I started running last October at the age of 44. I've lost 3 stone since, done several 10k's, and have entered a half Marathon next month and the Brighton marathon next year!

Did 10 miles for the first time last night.

highway61

Jun 30, 2009
I started running last October at the age of 44. I've lost 3 stone since, done several 10k's, and have entered a half Marathon next month and the Brighton marathon next year!

Did 10 miles for the first time last night.

Well done mate, would love to graduate to that myself one day. as it is my first target is to run a mile by end of the year. will depend on how much more i lose though as wont be very clever on my 57 year old joints if start off too heavy

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Well done mate, would love to graduate to that myself one day. as it is my first target is to run a mile by end of the year. will depend on how much more i lose though as wont be very clever on my 57 year old joints if start off too heavy

Thanks. My knees are suffering today! It definitely gets easier the more you do.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
If you think that's addicting try lifting weights, and I mean Olympic lifts not using the machines. Putting a few pounds on the bar everyday is a nice feeling but then it turns you into a gym monkey and a protein fiend.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
I've started recently to get in some kind of shape for the 2011 Brighton Marathon.

I must be bloody mad....

gullshark

Dec 5, 2005
Worthing
I've been running 2 years now, done a load of halves and did the Brighton Marathon this year... have kept running over summer but wound right down (basically run twice a week for about 3-5 miles at a time). September marks the start of 'running season' for me as I start to wind back up again.

I've enjoyed the ability to get up out of a chair without creaking over summer too :(

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
I've just started running and have entered next years Brighton Marathon. I've done a couple of 5 mile runs the first one was fine but the second time I was listening to quite high tempo dance music and set off like a bat out of hell, I definitely paid the price at the end!

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Can anyone suggest something useful for holding an iPod while running? One of those wristband things or ones that strap to your arm?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here