Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

*Rumours*

Sep 5, 2008
Heard some rumours from a good source that two different championship clubs are lining up move for Murray and Elphick.

Charlton will be making a 500k bid for Murray with Fleetword expected to move the opposite way whilst Southampton make a 300k bid for Tommy. I doubt very much that Tommys will be accepted but Im worried DK sees the charlton move as too good to refuse seeing as we gain 500k whilst replacing Murray

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
they can both f*** off for those prices!!!!!

I agree, however if Murray decides that he fancies a move to a Championship team and becomes all discontent here at the Albion then we'll have no choice but to accept an offer for him...

Sep 5, 2008
Sorry but if Virgo was worth £1.5 million then Murray is worth £3 million

There are two ways to look at it though. Althought Fleetwood hasn't played for them yet, he is technically a championship player.
So receiving 500k plus an unproven championship player may be a gamble knights willing to take:down:

ady1973

Jul 27, 2008
New Milton
Possible after all, I dont think we are in the situation yet where we can afford to say to other clubs ermmm NO....i think we DK will certainly look at the Murray bid if it does come to light and use the money to bring in another proven striker from the lower league.

We have always been a club where young talented players learn their trade before moving on....the list is endless.

I dont like to see any talented player go but you cant stop a player for wanting to improve themselves at a higher level.........

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
I hate to add fuel to the fire, but I have been told that a Championship club are seriously considering making a move for Elphick in Jan 09. Not Southampton though. And haven't heard any values attributed to him yet (Source: very reliable).

Would be a big loss in Murray went - not easily replaceable without high levels of risk.

Addick

Jan 20, 2008
2 reasons to be reassued re Murray.

1.we are skint and 2 Pardew must be sacked this week we have been dreadful for months

Up the Albion:falmer:

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
Why would Murray want toleave such a Massive club??

The fans love him, he never gets slagged off by the fans on here or at games, makes sense to stay doesn't it!?

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed
Charlton are 30 million pound in debt.

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
Teams do strange things in January if they think they may get relegated (or get promoted). Didn't West Ham bid £25Million for Darren Bent from Charlton?

If they do want Murray and Elphick then those prices won't even get on the board. We will be in a position of strength and I would trust Dick to make sure we got a shed load for either of them. I'd say £1M for Elphick (who we could afford to lose if Hinch continues his comeback successfully) and at least £2M for Murray (who we probably couldn't). If Murray's current scoring form continues he could be close to the top of the league 1 list by Jan.

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
Would you take 500k Fleetwood and Racon for Murray? and I don't think Tommy would want to do a Hammond and join relegation candidates Southampton also 3 championship clubs linked with 1.5 million Bradley Johnson

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here