Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

*Rumours*

Terminator1

Oct 4, 2008
murray and elphick

Murray is class and will get better. As I said on here a few days ago he'll be gone within a year and a half. Lets make sure there is a really big fee involved (and the way the transfer market has gone I would say around 1.5 million is a minimum).
Elphick has been strong as an ox at this club and for a young player not to have any noticeable dips in form is an absolute credit to him. He needs to work on his distribution but as an out and out old fashioned centre half he would do well at a good Championship club. His value would be around £1 million.
Lets just make sure that there are substantial sell on clauses as well as receiving the applicable transfer fees.

Up the Albion.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Think the club should be looking at extending both Elphicks and Murrays contracts.The longer the contract the more another club has to offer to prize them away.

Terminator1

Oct 4, 2008
extending contracts

Absolutely right, not sure what either are on, Murray possibly two years left. Even extending their contracts by one year would be a signal of intent. These two are the most saleable assets at our club and we should certainly protect what we have.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Be f***ing depressing if we sell Murray and history tells us we'll be waiting a long long time before we replace him with a forward of similar quality. Gutted that's what I'll be :down:

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
unfortunately, i think that a £200k profit on murray and another player that could be worth a large sell on at some point if he is as good as most people seem to think he is will tempt knight into selling

wonder if he will wheel out an excuse about murray not wanting to play for this club and demanding to go :jester:

O Lads

Dec 16, 2004
Would you take 500k Fleetwood and Racon for Murray?

Tough one, but I wouldn't. Nothing is worth more than a prolific goalscoring striker. I wouldn't sell Murray at any price unless ridiculous, as he could earn us a lot in terms of game winnings or even a lot more money in a couple of years.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Its time for all this shite to stop,yes we have financial problems but so does every club.Its time we kept our assets and build for falmer end of.Just can't keep on selling our assets as these players will be much bigger assets in a few years.

Whats the point in accepting a measley 500k for murray as thats just 200k profit,if we sell murray it won't make any diffrence to the bank balance but will certainly affect the crowds.
Fu$ks me right off that we get decent players and they are suddenly targets already,so all players are not for sale is how it should be as we build for the future.

FORGET THE SELLING FALMER IS NEAR:angry:

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
The one thing that Murray does lack that makes me doubt he could make it at a higher level is pace.

7:18

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
The one thing that Murray does lack that makes me doubt he could make it at a higher level is pace.

looked like he had lots of pace on saturday, from the seagulls world highlights....especially when he picked the ball up off the wing for the johnson goal...class delivery too!

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Nah. He's got enough pace to make it at a much higher level than this. He uses the ball intelligently, makes clever runs and is a tidy finisher. He could do a job for a team like West Brom or Fulham in the coming years - but hopefully that's where we will be in the near future. :)

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
:)
Why would Murray want toleave such a Massive club??

The fans love him, he never gets slagged off by the fans on here or at games, makes sense to stay doesn't it!?

I love irony i do! :D. if we sell either of those 2 for less than a million ile kiss the missus with me eyes open. Elphick will be playing prem footy in 4 years with us! :thumbsup:

HseagullsH

NSC's tipster
May 15, 2008
Brighton
I worry because I think if a reasonable offer comes for Elphick, Micky might let him go. We all know Micky won't drop Hawkins so if he sees Virgos best position is centre back, he may be happy with Hawkins/Virgo with the extra cash received from Elphick.
I hope i'm wrong.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Wolves were interested in Elphick but their interest lessened after we played them in a closed doors friendly last season. Perhaps they have renewed their interest.

Wolves have a lot of injury concerns in their defence at the moment. They are relying on loan players, decent goalkeeping and sheer luck to carry on their good run. I believe that Mick McCarthy will be looking to add a bit of strength-in-depth to the Wolves defence in January.

Doesn't mean he is interested in Elphic, but it is certainly a possibility.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here