Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Rumour of player we are interested in

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Woodchip said:
Will he get the usual GRILLING from the Kuipers in crowd?

to be fair to the people who preferred Kuipers to Henderson, I don,t seem to have heard or seen much dissent towards Flinders. Could it be, that possibly the "Kuipers in crowd" , know a decent keeper (Flinders) when they see one...?

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Uncle Buck said:
But the issue with having two 19 year old keepers that are not ready is there are not enough reserve games, so you end up loaning one out to the Conference South and we will still be paying a chunk of that wage.

Martin has been loaned out this season and then injured, but is he worth keeping?

Well thats the question but from what I have seen both young keepers have massive potential and you can't tell me that he's on much. Perhaps the point would be to loan one out to a team higher up the football league.

If we do sign this guy from aldershot then I'm guessing Wilkins doesn't rate one of the two youngsters.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Les Biehn said:
Well thats the question but from what I have seen both young keepers have massive potential and you can't tell me that he's on much. Perhaps the point would be to loan one out to a team higher up the football league.

If we do sign this guy from aldershot then I'm guessing Wilkins doesn't rate one of the two youngsters.

I think there is potential with both of them, but it is whether they are ready?

It was brave taking both of them on in the first place. Martin was already on a professional contract as clubs were looking at him and we would have got more money that way, but then Sullivan get the England honours and played well in that cup run.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
cjd said:
to be fair to the people who preferred Kuipers to Henderson, I don,t seem to have heard or seen much dissent towards Flinders. Could it be, that possibly the "Kuipers in crowd" , know a decent keeper (Flinders) when they see one...?

You know THAT is a VERY good point...

IMO Henderson was crap.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Uncle Buck said:
I think there is potential with both of them, but it is whether they are ready?

It was brave taking both of them on in the first place. Martin was already on a professional contract as clubs were looking at him and we would have got more money that way, but then Sullivan get the England honours and played well in that cup run.

Exactly, if you make brave choice why not stick with them.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I wonder if he is good at RUSTLING his defence?

:lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Also, in my view.

The club missed a trick by not offering one of the young keepers to Crawley in the summer when they were looking around for some - would have got tested at a decent level.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Les Biehn said:
Exactly, if you make brave choice why not stick with them.

But if Martin is out of contract it is time to make a decision again and if he is not ready, is it worth banking on potential?

Having Martin and Sullivan come through at the same time was always going to cause potential issues as they were both highly rated and if we discarded one of them it could come back to haunt us.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Kinky Gerbils said:
Also, in my view.

The club missed a trick by not offering one of the young keepers to Crawley in the summer when they were looking around for some - would have got tested at a decent level.

Spot on. What happened to this new relationship we were supposed to be having with Crawley?

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Uncle Buck said:
I thought we were giving Crawley a wide berth due to the situation up there.

I did hear that now you mention it however Hemmer(spl) only came in after those two idiots left I believe.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Uncle Buck said:
But if Martin is out of contract it is time to make a decision again and if he is not ready, is it worth banking on potential?

Having Martin and Sullivan come through at the same time was always going to cause potential issues as they were both highly rated and if we discarded one of them it could come back to haunt us.

I would say it is worth banking on potential, surely that is the whole point of a youth policy.

Surely we will also get more for of the two if they are playing first team footbal in say a years time. If that keeper is sold we still have a decent one to replace him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here