Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Rumour of player we are interested in

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Also if he came and Kuipers stayed what message would that send to Sully and Martin?

If the rumours are true about Coleman at Palace any little chance Brighton had of getting Flinders will go

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Do you think he HOOFS the ball like Kuipers

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Kinky Gerbils said:
Also if he came and Kuipers stayed what message would that send to Sully and Martin?

If the rumours are true about Coleman at Palace any little chance Brighton had of getting Flinders will go

If Palace do have a change of manager Kirkaly (sp) could be given a clean slate and then a season long loan is not out of the question.

I am sure Martin is out of contract this summer for us, so we could end up with just Sullivan on the books as a keeper in a few weeks time.

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
Perhaps we'd better "steak" a claim on him before another club gets in, an Quick!!!

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
How come one minute Everton are looking at Martin and then the next thing he might be released by us???

I think Kinky has a point, what message does this send out. It is also confusing because does this mean that Kuipers will be first choice and Sullivan will be third choice?

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Uncle Buck said:
Fair enough.

I cannot see them letting Flinders go, he has too much potential, but it is whether they feel he needs a season in a lower league or not.

However we should not be planning our keepers on whether we might get Flinders on loan.

This is true, but I cant see it being sorted early enough to suit Brighton's needs so they may look elsewhere - Aldershot it would seem.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Les Biehn said:
How come one minute Everton are looking at Martin and then the next thing he might be released by us???

I think Kinky has a point, what message does this send out. It is also confusing because does this mean that Kuipers will be first choice and Sullivan will be third choice?

Not saying Martin will be released. However he is out of contract, so it depends on how many keepers the club want next season. Do they need 3 and Sullivan is contracted for another year.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Uncle Buck said:
Not saying Martin will be released. However he is out of contract, so it depends on how many keepers the club want next season. Do they need 3 and Sullivan is contracted for another year.

I would have thought the point would have been to either resign Kuipers or get another first choice keeper in with the two young lads as back up.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Les Biehn said:
I would have thought the point would have been to either resign Kuipers or get another first choice keeper in with the two young lads as back up.

But the issue with having two 19 year old keepers that are not ready is there are not enough reserve games, so you end up loaning one out to the Conference South and we will still be paying a chunk of that wage.

Martin has been loaned out this season and then injured, but is he worth keeping?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here