Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

**Rumour has it**

KennyBee

Apr 29, 2008
A rumour going round that a decision was made before delay was announced just the football league made the decision to delay it. Apparently "We" Leeds have recieved the 15 points back but FL want comprimise to avoid the anticipated uproar from the rest of the clubs in the league.

This is what the FL supposedly have come up with

- To avoid a club missing out on automatic because of Leeds there will now be 3 automatic promotion spots and a play off will remain so it will be the same as league two

- This will mean that the table would stand like this

Swansea
Leeds
Doncaster
------------------------
Forest
Carlisle
Southend
Brighton

This would mean 4 teams will be going up at the end of this term. Leaving 1 extra side in the championship which the next year would see 4 relegation spots instead of 3 in order to put the numbers back to normal again.

Announcement 5pm Thursday May 1st.

Fill yer boots

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
Just a rumour I heard I can't remember if it was off here or not. However, I can't see it happening though because why on earth would the FL disrupt 2 leagues for one club? although knowing them you can never say never.

Er, didn't we start that rumour?

steward 433

Back and better
Nov 4, 2007
Brighton
A rumour going round that a decision was made before delay was announced just the football league made the decision to delay it. Apparently "We" Leeds have recieved the 15 points back but FL want comprimise to avoid the anticipated uproar from the rest of the clubs in the league.

This is what the FL supposedly have come up with

- To avoid a club missing out on automatic because of Leeds there will now be 3 automatic promotion spots and a play off will remain so it will be the same as league two

- This will mean that the table would stand like this

Swansea
Leeds
Doncaster
------------------------
Forest
Carlisle
Southend
Brighton

This would mean 4 teams will be going up at the end of this term. Leaving 1 extra side in the championship which the next year would see 4 relegation spots instead of 3 in order to put the numbers back to normal again.

Announcement 5pm Thursday May 1st.

Fill yer boots

If that is the case the 4th lowest championship team will sue the hell out of the FL can't see it myself but who knows??

logan89

Jan 4, 2007
Brington
If that is the case the 4th lowest championship team will sue the hell out of the FL can't see it myself but who knows??

Isn't it the 4th lowest next season though? therefore if they say 4 go down at the start of the season they can't complain as much.

But the Leagues will be unbalanced for a season and i can't see the FL doing that to be honest

I can-they're pretty useless at just about everything else they do so why should the Leeds fiasco be any different?

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
There's been a similiar thing happening on the Leeds board.

Someone posts a rumours on the board, ends up on another board..

.. then ends up getting posting back on there

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
I wonder if all 48 clubs in Divisions II and III, plus the seven new clubs joining those divisions, agreed to this principle?

Especially when none of them (except Leeds) supported the notion of re-instatement of the points in the first place.

butchy

Jul 24, 2005
Bethnal Green, E2
would be outrageous...what would the clubs finishing 8th, 9th and 10th say, they could say that they took their foot off the gas due to thinking playoffs were unreachable when infact they werent...

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
And i suppose you actually know the outcome of the arbitration don't you??

i could do like every other tom dick and braindead harry on the leeds forum of your choosing and pretend i do and that my budgies sisters friend is a barrister in the chambers the arbitration was held and feed you an insider man tidbit that will of course be bollocks.

but like everyone who isn't called phil otton i have not a scooby about what he will decide.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here