Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

**Rumour has it**

essbee

Jan 5, 2005
Kenny Bee

If you could actually spell basic English words ('i' before 'e' except after 'c'' in 'receive' and 'compromise') properly I might actually take you seriously.

Not rocket science is it?

steward 433

Back and better
Nov 4, 2007
Brighton
i could do like every other tom dick and braindead harry on the leeds forum of your choosing and pretend i do and that my budgies sisters friend is a barrister in the chambers the arbitration was held and feed you an insider man tidbit that will of course be bollocks.

but like everyone who isn't called phil otton i have not a scooby about what he will decide.

No inkling or idea yet then?

I still think you will get the 15 back

KennyBee

Apr 29, 2008
Kenny Bee

If you could actually spell basic English words ('i' before 'e' except after 'c'' in 'receive' and 'compromise') properly I might actually take you seriously.

Not rocket science is it?

Oi,

It's a copie and poste jobby :bowdown:

seriously tho, there's been some right load of tripe about this arbitration but I must say this seems just about the most plausible I've seen so far....just thought I'd share it with the Brighton bretherin, if nowt else it keeps your season alive for the next 2 days :thumbsup:

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
No inkling or idea yet then?

I still think you will get the 15 back
been trying not to think about it to be honest. no inkling or idea that has any fact behind it, the silence and lack of leaks from bates is surprising given he is usually the first to mouth off about anything, i mean i know there is a confidentiality clause over it but as with anything if you want to leak something - where there is a will there is a way.

about 36 hours to go and we'll know one way or the other.

i just hope that the time being taken now is making sure whatever the decision is is completely legally watertight. whoever loses out - leeds, donny, swansea, forest, whoever. i just hope it is legally put to bed on thursday afternoon.

though given the way the fl have dealt with things thus far i would not be surprised to this rolling on into the post season.

steward 433

Back and better
Nov 4, 2007
Brighton
been trying not to think about it to be honest. no inkling or idea that has any fact behind it, the silence and lack of leaks from bates is surprising given he is usually the first to mouth off about anything, i mean i know there is a confidentiality clause over it but as with anything if you want to leak something - where there is a will there is a way.

about 36 hours to go and we'll know one way or the other.

i just hope that the time being taken now is making sure whatever the decision is is completely legally watertight. whoever loses out - leeds, donny, swansea, forest, whoever. i just hope it is legally put to bed on thursday afternoon.

though given the way the fl have dealt with things thus far i would not be surprised to this rolling on into the post season.

And next season and maybe past that

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
If that's true then it would ge a good year to be in league 1. Swansea, Leeds and prob Forest gone up and only 23 teams in this league. It must make our chances of the playoffs or even automatic even better than before. As for the Championship, that will be a right dogfight at the bottom.

Fourteenth Eye

Face for Radio
Jul 9, 2004
Brighton
also it would make a mockery of those clubs who have already announced their season ticket details for next year as in league one there would be a game less & in the champ a game more

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
Would the football league allow to have all 3 of their divisions with odd numbers? I doubt it, so why change the rules this season.

If Rotherham go bust and this new structure takes palce,the Championship would have 25 teams, League 1 would have 23 teams as would League 2

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
You know what, I am so f***ing sick to death of hearing about Leeds this, Ken Bates that and 15 points the other, I really couldn't now give a flying f*** what the FL decide. We finished 7th, we shouldn't be in play-offs, so piss off Leeds out of our division which ever way you can and leave us all in peace.

*and calm*

Mr Blobby

Jul 14, 2003
In a cave
Well Wilkins has said in todays Argus that he still thinks we could be in the play offs at the end of the season! Perhaps the clubs do know!!!!

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
You know what, I am so f***ing sick to death of hearing about Leeds this, Ken Bates that and 15 points the other, I really couldn't now give a flying f*** what the FL decide. We finished 7th, we shouldn't be in play-offs, so piss off Leeds out of our division which ever way you can and leave us all in peace.

*and calm*

Spot on - I hope they go and infest Division 2 with their particular brand of self-righteous thuggery next season.

WATCCODT :nono:

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
If that is the case the 4th lowest championship team will sue the hell out of the FL can't see it myself but who knows??

you see, if you follow through, the idea is that the play offs can then go ahead as if Leeds arent there and over the summer the FL can boot their arse out altogether :thumbsup:

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patron
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head

*and calm*

Well said Sir! :thumbsup:

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
But the Leagues will be unbalanced for a season and i can't see the FL doing that to be honest

I think the 88'89 season in the old first division had an odd number of teams

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
A rumour with no substance and bollox

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here