Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Rules on phones at work.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011

Every teacher, or other person who works with children, who has a camera on their phone, should be considered a suspected pedophile.

I know that is not what you are saying, but that is the result of this mentality.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
You facepalm as much as you like but most nursery companies have a no mobile policy for staff for this very reason. They and schools also have to keep records on which children can be photographed and which ones can't because many parents won'tallow it.

I often have to work in secure data centres and they always insist you hand over any phone before entering. Strangely the BBC seem the more paranoid than the MOD ??

I'm not disputing that this mentality exists. I would suggest, however, that it is a disgusting mentality.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Yes, a pen and paper is also banned where HB&B works, I worked there too for a while. A whiteboard with a marker is all you're allowed and you have to wipe it clean after every call. They were very hot on the DPA there.
Doing the takeaway orders at Domino's ???

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Doing the takeaway orders at Domino's ???

Yes, once the pizza order is completed, you have to wipe the board clean and wait for the next hungry chappie to call in. With respect, if it wasn't for people like us, people like you wouldn't get your pizza! Atleast, that's the positive spin they put on it during the week long training course.

Bisto

Getting older everyday
Oct 25, 2010
Brighton
Yea the Facebook 'check-in' function is my biggest annoyance with the youngest team members, I keep telling them "in Special Ops Undercover MEANS undercover!"

mr sheen

Jan 17, 2008
Every teacher, or other person who works with children, who has a camera on their phone, should be considered a suspected pedophile.

I think we can go past "suspected" and progress straight to lynch mob for them.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here