Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ruby Ruby bloody Ruby

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Is this song EVER going to leave the Radio/TV playlists?

Yes, it was ok (in my opinion) the first 10 times, but 6 sodding million later it's a pain in the arse!

:angry: :angry:

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
MYOB said:
On a similar note, when is Mika going to vanish like the one hit wonder he is?

His second song, to be fair, is a marginally better effort. You are right though, the overplaying of that Grace Kelly rubbish is a DISGRACE.

Titanic said:
ah ah ah ah ah aaaah

:angry:

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Withdean Wanderer said:
His second song, to be fair, is a marginally better effort. You are right though, the overplaying of that Grace Kelly rubbish is a DISGRACE.

Second song?

The arrival of a decent range of DAB stations about the time his first one was out means I no longer hear chart crap and its not been played down my local so I assumed he hadn't had a second one...

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
MYOB said:
Second song?

The arrival of a decent range of DAB stations about the time his first one was out means I no longer hear chart crap and its not been played down my local so I assumed he hadn't had a second one...

:D
See, i listen to Virgin Radio on DAB (or planetrock occasionally), and it's a good radio station i think, but they play it FAAAAAAAAR to much!

DC Rules

Could It Be Forever?
Sep 19, 2006
Withdean Wanderer said:
Is this song EVER going to leave the Radio/TV playlists?

Yes, it was ok (in my opinion) the first 10 times, but 6 sodding million later it's a pain in the arse!

:angry: :angry:

I agree apart from one small detail...it was only ok for the first 3 times, not 10!!

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Withdean Wanderer said:
:D
See, i listen to Virgin Radio on DAB (or planetrock occasionally), and it's a good radio station i think, but they play it FAAAAAAAAR to much!

I usually listen to 2XM usally - imagine if the BBC did Planet Rock. With no presenters (and no ads, obviously); or Phantom 105.2. Both would be Mika-free zones.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
'Ruby Ruby Ruby' is such a non-song, as is the latest single off that album. Almost as bad as the latest Manics offering.

Regardless of people's views on Mika's album, the cold hard facts are that almost every song without fail on that album would chart in the top ten, if not top five if released. He could no way be described as a 'one hit wonder' MYOB, a rich vein of pop-tastic genuis weaves its way through that album, like it or not.

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Cheeky Monkey said:

Regardless of people's views on Mika's album, the cold hard facts are that almost every song without fail on that album would chart in the top ten, if not top five if released. He could no way be described as a 'one hit wonder' MYOB, a rich vein of pop-tastic genuis weaves its way through that album, like it or not.

Title: LOVE TODAY
Artist: MIKA
Label: CASABLANCA
Date of entry: 26.04.2007
Highest Placement: 14
Weeks in the Charts: 6

top ten ??? ???

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Mika doesn't apparently recognise 'The Vimto Chart' from which that stat was lifted. No one hit wonder though, as anyone who has heard the album could tell you.

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
He certainly recognises the IRMA/ChartTrack Irish Charts, considering he took a #1 from it! And thats where that came from.

"Love Today" also didn't enter the top 5 in the UK as you attested "any track" from the album could:

"6 Mika Love Today Apr 2007"

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
I believe I said 'would chart in the top ten,' I believe you said 'one hit wonder'

Have you heard the album?

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Cheeky Monkey said:
I believe I said 'would chart in the top ten,' I believe you said 'one hit wonder'

Have you heard the album?

No, because I thought the first single was gash, one hit wonder material and on listening to the second one on Mercora, I think its gash, death of a career material. I somehow don't expect a third single to enter the top 40 here (although the top 75 is still classed as a "hit", unfortunately). As goes UK charts - I don't live in the UK.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Ladies, ladies.......

If in doubt, go back to the song of 2007 so far.

SHINE:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

¡Cereal Killer!

Whale Oil Beef Hooked
Sep 13, 2003
Somewhere over there...
Haven't heard it in ages :) That Mika song (both of them) are SHIT and that stupid Gym Class Heroes song - Cupids Chokehold :shutup:

And it is a crap cover version of the brilliant Supertramp song called BREAKFAST IN AMERICA:angry: :angry: :angry:

In fact, it has RUINED the original version now :angry: :angry: :angry:

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here