Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

rubbish albion GOALKEEPERS

gumbopickles

Jul 10, 2003
brighton
David yelldell ?? he only kept goal in leeds that i remember and we won - had to wear pink and face the away dayat elland roadon his debut - hes a legend !!

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
If my memory serves me well, Kevin Bremner conceded direct from a corner on the night that Perry Digweed lost a bollock in the South Stand.

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
No way perry digweed, and certainly not Jurgen Somner, was a very very good keeper.
For me it has to be Petterson.

Captain Pugwash

Paul Kitson
Oct 27, 2003
brighton
Royce was bad, he let in 19 goals in about 5 games, 3 against Cambridge and 4 against Brentford.

Petterson just commical!

Sir Sarcy

Hip-Hopopotamus
Jul 10, 2003
The Field
MARK WALTON

Competition over. I remember him first season at Withdean when he went walk about and forced poor Rod Thomas (Who was still a hero at that point) to handle on the line and save a goal thus getting himself dismissed.

Utter tripe! As for Rust and Ormerod i still remember them with the wide eyed innocence of a child so difficult to condemn. I seem to recall both being good on their day but their day just didn't seem to come round enough.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
For those saying Ormerod, don't forget that were it not for his save late on against Hereford in 97, Reinelt's goal would have been for nowt.

That is my most vivid memory of that game, as that Hereford forward bore down on goal unchalleged I thought we were f***ed and I've no idea how good the save really was but I remember it as being awesome. Regardless of whatever else he did, to suggest he was our worst ever keeper is like suggesting, the not very good, Reinalt was our worst ever striker. Those two moments of glory lift them both above consideration as being the most rubbish in their respective positions.

The most consistently shit goalkeeper was undoubtably Rust after his return from injury, I don't think he made a single unexpected save after that and when he eventually left, I've never been so glad to see the back of an Albion player. Absolute rubbish.

Last edited:

Seagull Stew

MARK WALTON

Competition over. I remember him first season at Withdean when he went walk about and forced poor Rod Thomas (Who was still a hero at that point) to handle on the line and save a goal thus getting himself dismissed.

Utter tripe! As for Rust and Ormerod i still remember them with the wide eyed innocence of a child so difficult to condemn. I seem to recall both being good on their day but their day just didn't seem to come round enough.

I thought the Rod Thomas handball happened at Priestfield. Or did he do it twice?

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
For me it has to be Henderson as first second and third choice worst keeper.
I didn't trust him when we had him on loan, hated it when we signed him and, not surprisingly, the best thing he ever did was leave. Where is the big mouth now. I also put him above many of the others as he came with much bigger expectations of him. The one thing he could do well was pass to the opposition's goalie. Marvellous, albeit pointless, attribute.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
Michel Kuipers
Rami Shaaban
Mark Walton
John Sullivan
Chris May
Dave Beasant
Ross Flitney
Flourent Chaigneau
Andy Petterson
Simon Royce
Stuart Jones
David Yeldell
Will Packham
Mark Omerod
Mark Cartwright
Ben Roberts
Alan Blayney
Wayne Henderson
Scott Flinders

How many keepers have we had since we moved to Withdean? LOADS!!! Yelldell was rubbish, as was Rami Shaaban

Oct 25, 2003
i've just been reading about tony meola, and he sounds like one of me all time FAVOURITE players

-100 caps for u.s.a

-has been in a broadway MUSICAL

-has spent a fair amount of time playing INDOOR football

FLAIR

oh, and apparently he was MOM in one of his games for us- so he couldn't have been that bad?

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Didn't Shaaban go on to be picked for Sweden's World up squad after he left us?

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
that game was the worst i've seen for the whole crowd just ABUSING one player

the amount of almost HATRED the crowd had for him that day was incredible

Yep I agree, thats was the only game when I've been embarressed to be called a Brighton fan. Disgusting behaviour, I was very surprised he even offered to play for the club after that game.

That is also the game why I hate Kipper so much - laughing at the final whistle due to a mistake by his competition who he should have been backing.

Going back to one of the previous posts - was it against West Brom where Perry Digweed got badly injured?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here