Oct 25, 2003
walton's worst attribute for me was his LYING style of communication

ie. "free head" when it clearly wasn't

just stop LYING mark

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Nicky Rust was voted "Player of the season" !

Sadly there are probably many on here who had no idea. Did he once play for England U19/21 or somesuch?

I would say that pretty much all goalies who have stayed for any length of time have been some way decent, and also rubbish a bit too.

The suggestions on this thread are ridiculous, Petterson and Royce were perhaps worthy of the tag "not very good and verging on rubbish" but to name Rust, Omerod, Walton, Henderson so is unfair really. During thier time wth us they all contributed to the team, played well, but as with any player, they will have off periods, and ultimately they move on. Theoretically you could name all Albion goalies rubbish, because they have all let in howlers, Kuipers even once walked out of his area with the ball in his hand and got sent off, how rubbish is that?

Last edited:

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
Mark Walton

I met a friend of Marks last week. Mark is now a postie in the Valleys, his missus owns a tappas bar, in Cardiff I think.

After he left football he played a lot of cricket (pretty good allrounder apparently), and moved to Australia. He coached cricket there for 2 years, till the imigration worked out that they don't have a shortage of cricket coaches in Aus, so he was kicked out.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Come on.....who else witnessed David Coles away at Shrewsbury ?:lol:

Come on.....who else witnessed David Coles away at Shrewsbury ?:lol:

i was there ...... as we couldn't hear the p a at gay meadow that day, there was general bewilderement and consternation as this unknown rather podgy bloke ran towards us in a brighton goalkeeping shirt...... and then turned round waiting for the kick off.

didn't we get a 2-2 draw?

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
i was there ...... as we couldn't hear the p a at gay meadow that day, there was general bewilderement and consternation as this unknown rather podgy bloke ran towards us in a brighton goalkeeping shirt...... and then turned round waiting for the kick off.

didn't we get a 2-2 draw?

I think it was 1-1.It was when we had the inflatable seagulls.I just remember him flapping at everything.:lolol:

Horney

Oct 12, 2008
There was an American called Tony Meola ( god knows where he came from ) who stood in for Lord Digweed for two games in the early 90's. He made a ghastly mistake and let in a late equaliser v Wolves ( and we always beat Wolves !!! )It will forever remain a universal mystery to me that he only let in 2 gls in these games..he made Gomes' judgement look sound!!! - If he wasn't screaming out of goal when he should have been on his line.. he was standing rooted as the ball flashed across goal 3yds out...on top of that he punched everything!!!...I have never nearly shat myself so much in 180 mins of football.
Needless to say, he disappeared as quickly as he arrived.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
There was also a guy who came on loan from Celtic for a couple of games while Rust was injured, Stewart Kerr, played 2, and 2 on the bench, DLLL. Does that count as rubbish?

Last edited:

D

Deleted User X18H

David Yelldell and Jurgen Somner.

Not forgetting Will careless hands Packham

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
Other than the obvious clown that we have now - the failed dutch marine, it has to be Mark Ormerod I'm afraid. He was a great bloke just a not very good goalkeeper.

Also I agree about Stewert Kerr.

I thought Meola was excellent though, especially the hair!!

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Yelldell. Andy Pratterson (one lasting memory being him falling flat on his arse against Gillingham) and Florent Chaigneau (who I think only played once, away to Southampton).

For those saying Ormerod, don't forget that were it not for his save late on against Hereford in 97, Reinelt's goal would have been for nowt.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Bert McGonigal.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here