Votes: 5 4.1%
  • Sod the royals and republicans, I'm an ALBION FAN

Votes: 13 10.6%

• Total voters

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Sorry, can't agree, succession by birth has no merit whatsoever!

I'm not talking about inheriting your parents house or the family fish and chip shop, but public office.

It has taken centuries to shift the mouldy backsides of the peers from the benches of the house of Lords but, now they've gone, no sane person would suggest such a ridiculous idea as good governance for the new century.

I belive we will view the idea of monarchy the same way in the future. Our grand children will laugh at the idea of someone being born with an inherited right to be a councilor, mayor, MP, MEP, prime minister or head of state simply because your mum used to do the job.

The idea is totaly daft, THIS IS A DEMOCRACY. it's not me upseting the system but the monarchists that want to prevent the progression of democracy and preserve the rotten system we now have. Thanks to succession the good people of this nation are going to be the laughing stock of the world. Our next head of state - talks to trees, plays about despite being married and being the head of our church, and has a tax paying history that would see you or me locked up.
A fine example for our children to look up to.

And you really think that that will encourage other nation to aspire to be like us?

Power to the people.

Most people's objections to the Royal family is because of their riches and privilege but most of that has been handed down from generation to generation.

It happens in the world of business too. The Cabury family for example left their businesses to their offspring.
And why shouldn't they?

I prefer the idea of a neutral head of state.

Most people's objections to the Royal family is because of their riches and privilege but most of that has been handed down from generation to generation.

It happens in the world of business too. The Cabury family for example left their businesses to their offspring.
And why shouldn't they?

I prefer the idea of a neutral head of state.

You honestly believe that the queen is neutral? Besides, what does her being neutral do for us? She has no real power. She can huff and puff all she likes if she doesn't like some legislation or other but if the government want it to go through they tell her, politely of course, to piss off.

I prefer the idea of not paying to keep a bunch of parasites in luxury. All of you Queenie fans-you pay for her upkeep because I sure as hell don't want to.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
You honestly believe that the queen is neutral? Besides, what does her being neutral do for us? She has no real power. She can huff and puff all she likes if she doesn't like some legislation or other but if the government want it to go through they tell her, politely of course, to piss off.

I prefer the idea of not paying to keep a bunch of parasites in luxury. All of you Queenie fans-you pay for her upkeep because I sure as hell don't want to.

20p per day.

How much do you think it would cost to keep a president?

leonidas

Go tell the Spartans
Jun 5, 2007
Surrounded by pubs
20p per day.

How much do you think it would cost to keep a president?

Couldn't care less if it was £20 a day. The point is we would have asked a president to do the job and, as with elected governments, some would like them and others wouldn't, but we could at least get rid of them if they abuse their position. It would be our choice and thats what happens in a democracy.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Royalists are winning, that's a surprise.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
i want a monarchy, but only if they lead us into BATTLE like they used to

oh, and order EXECUTIONS

what they do now is BORING

Prince Andrew served with distinction in the Royal Navy and saw active service during the liberation of the Falkland Islands, Princes William and Harry are currently serving in the Army...will that do you, or are you more after a Henry IV or Richard the Lionheart type of Royal?

Oct 25, 2003
Prince Andrew served with distinction in the Royal Navy and saw active service during the liberation of the Falkland Islands, Princes William and Harry are currently serving in the Army...will that do you, or are you more after a Henry IV or Richard the Lionheart type of Royal?

i want to see queen lizzy on HORSEBACK with ARMOUR wielding a SWORD

THATS what i want;)

leonidas

Go tell the Spartans
Jun 5, 2007
Surrounded by pubs
Royalists are winning, that's a surprise.

Good.
Maybe, one day, they will have the confidence to ask the people of this country what they want.
If the royalists win a referendum, fine, they will hold the moral high ground for a few years, but the longer you leave it, the less your chances of victory because the younger generations are a lot less willing to tug their forlocks to chinless, over educated imbeciles, than the older generations are.
Victory will be yours, until the next referendum and, sooner or later, they will be cast into history.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Sorry, can't agree, succession by birth has no merit whatsoever!

So stability and continuity has no merit? life long training for a job has no merit? sence of duty instilled from birth for a simple role has no merit?

Can you say there have been no good monarchs?

Is it perfect? no. Have "presidents" or any other alternative been flawless? no.

Would you rather have Mugabe or Victoria? one directly democractically elected, the other appointed by virtue of birth by act of parliament.

still no merit?

leonidas

Go tell the Spartans
Jun 5, 2007
Surrounded by pubs

Gully, sorry I don't know anything about you and maybe you were in the Falklands, I am glad to say the country was never desperate enough to send me.

I do know a few people that served in the navy out there and they reckon Andrew was a complete wanker, always expected special treatment, took a man servent along with him to do the chores everyone else was expected to do themselves and was never put an any real danger despite what the papers say. Getting a royal prince killed would just be unacceptable.

As for the other two, what the hell is the point in our armed forces, that are overstretched anyway, wasting valuable time and money on training two public school boys to be officers in the army and then saying it's to dangerous out there to send them anywhere?
FFS boot their useless arses out of the army and employ a couple of officers that can be deployed to trouble spots, it's the army, not the bloody scouts!

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Couldn't care less if it was £20 a day. The point is we would have asked a president to do the job and, as with elected governments, some would like them and others wouldn't, but we could at least get rid of them if they abuse their position. It would be our choice and thats what happens in a democracy.

Quite a few democracies also have a royal family. The two are not mutually exclusive.

leonidas - when someone says they 'reckon' that someone was a tosser it is usually because they know nothing about it at all.

leonidas

Go tell the Spartans
Jun 5, 2007
Surrounded by pubs
So stability and continuity has no merit? life long training for a job has no merit? sence of duty instilled from birth for a simple role has no merit?

Can you say there have been no good monarchs?

Is it perfect? no. Have "presidents" or any other alternative been flawless? no.

Would you rather have Mugabe or Victoria? one directly democractically elected, the other appointed by virtue of birth by act of parliament.

still no merit?

Are you honestly saying that you think, once a person has attained high office, that the position should cease to be an elected post and should, for ever more, pass on to their eldest non catholic male child whether they are an imbecile or not.
Or do you think that honour should only be given to the Saxe Coburgs or whatever part of Germany they come from.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Gully, sorry I don't know anything about you and maybe you were in the Falklands, I am glad to say the country was never desperate enough to send me.

I do know a few people that served in the navy out there and they reckon Andrew was a complete wanker, always expected special treatment, took a man servent along with him to do the chores everyone else was expected to do themselves and was never put an any real danger despite what the papers say. Getting a royal prince killed would just be unacceptable.

As for the other two, what the hell is the point in our armed forces, that are overstretched anyway, wasting valuable time and money on training two public school boys to be officers in the army and then saying it's to dangerous out there to send them anywhere?
FFS boot their useless arses out of the army and employ a couple of officers that can be deployed to trouble spots, it's the army, not the bloody scouts!

we've had this one before and Hampshire Dave put all the Prince Andrew jibes where they belonged.

Prince Andrew flew a helicopter as a target for Argie warships. Got no special treatment and asked for none. I know you really really don't want to hear that because it makes your chinless wonders argument look desperate and personal but the bloke fought for his country. You didn't. I'd say he's no chinless wonder in my book.

...and please stop trotting out the Germans argument. It's just racist crap.

Last edited:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Are you honestly saying that you think, once a person has attained high office, that the position should cease to be an elected post and should, for ever more, pass on to their eldest non catholic male child whether they are an imbecile or not.
Or do you think that honour should only be given to the Saxe Coburgs or whatever part of Germany they come from.

There's far more Scottish blood than German in them. Stop trotting out the old cliches and find some original thoughts.

leonidas

Go tell the Spartans
Jun 5, 2007
Surrounded by pubs
leonidas - when someone says they 'reckon' that someone was a tosser it is usually because they know nothing about it at all.[/QUOTE]

Wise words Yorkie, that may be true but I can only speak as I find and no one that claims to have had contact with him, has a good word to say about him?

If the anti royals have twisted the story to suit their case then I apologise for being the bearer of lies, but it is insignificant compared to the pro royal establishment that dominates every fibre of this country.

leonidas

Go tell the Spartans
Jun 5, 2007
Surrounded by pubs
There's far more Scottish blood than German in them. Stop trotting out the old cliches and find some original thoughts.

OK.
So you think, Scottish, German imbeciles should be allowed to run this country unelected?

i think that is even worse than I realised.

PEOPLE OF ENGLAND AWAKE, YOU HAVE NOTHING TO LOSE BUT YOUR CHAINS.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
leonidas - when someone says they 'reckon' that someone was a tosser it is usually because they know nothing about it at all.

Wise words Yorkie, that may be true but I can only speak as I find and no one that claims to have had contact with him, has a good word to say about him?

If the anti royals have twisted the story to suit their case then I apologise for being the bearer of lies, but it is insignificant compared to the pro royal establishment that dominates every fibre of this country.[/QUOTE]

Having been in the Navy myself, and had a brother in the Marines at the time of the Falklands, I haven't heard a bad word about him.
Lord Louis Mountbatten was an inspiration in the second world war. I trained as a radio operator in Mountbatten block at HMS Mercury. Have a read about what happened to HMS Kelly.

Insignificant compared to the pro royal establishment? That is a mighty claim to make. Can you provide any instances?

You have an opinion but please have better reasons than wild claims which are nowhere near reality.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
OK.
So you think, Scottish, German imbeciles should be allowed to run this country unelected?

i think that is even worse than I realised.

PEOPLE OF ENGLAND AWAKE, YOU HAVE NOTHING TO LOSE BUT YOUR CHAINS.

Isn't that effectively what Marx and Engels wrote about 170 odd years ago in their preface to what became the blueprint for the mass murder of over 100 million people in the 20th century?

by German, Russian, Korean, Chinese, Cambodian, Cuban imbeciles

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here