Votes: 5 4.1%
  • Sod the royals and republicans, I'm an ALBION FAN

Votes: 13 10.6%

• Total voters

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
As it says on the tin. Which one are you?

And I've included a fence option for those that must remain undecided...

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Hmm Im torn. I mean to be honest I dont like the royals but then pomp and circumstance is what we do best.

Maybe there should be a CULLING and a radical review of royalty, the hangers on, all these houses they have for free etc ...what do they do in spain or norway etc etc

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
The alternative is a President.

Look at it this way. Queen / Charles / William vs. Thatcher / Blair / Brown? I'd rather have any of the first 3 over any of the second 3.

Get rid of the monarchy and you're basically living in France. Who wants that?

bailey

Sep 24, 2005
Seafront Brighton
They may be a bit of an anachronism funded by us the tax payer but overall they probably pay for themselves in tourism and helping arms deals along.

It ain't broke, let's not try to fix it.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Prince William is going to be the coolest king since Henry VIII had his 3-in-a-bed merry japes with the Boleyn Sisters.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey

Look at it this way. Queen / Charles / William vs. Thatcher / Blair / Brown? I'd rather have any of the first 3 over any of the second 3.

I'll take the option of an elected head of state, the massive cost savings, none of the nausiating lick-spittling cow-towing, and status of citizen rather than a subject please. Oh no! The French have done it already, it *must* be wrong!

But wait, astonishingly the French do get some things right; such as improved distribution of wealth, the metric system and a better standard of living than the UK for about 20 of the last 30 years.

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
I'm happy with living in a Republic but tbh I would guess that after tourism revenues from all their houses/art in public galleries/etc were counted that the president here between 1990-1997 spent more than the royal family!

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
But wait, astonishingly the French do get some things right; such as ...the metric system...

The USA is the world's only superpower and it gets along alright with Imperial. So is the Metric system so good? It's based on arbitrary units.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003

You can still have a President AND a Prime Minister. The PM can still have the day-to-day power which is why there wouldn't have been a President Thatcher or a President Blair. The President would be like the Queen is now but with real constitutional power to act as a check against an out-of-touch Parliament.

Anyway we've done this to death and I don't think anybody has changed anybody else's mind. I'll leave all the forelock-tugging, grovelling Royalist toadies to coo over the latest Daily Mirror pictures of Prince William and Prince Harry. Good day to you.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
its the office of head of state that cost money. queen or president, you'd still be paying for palaces, entertaining foreign dignitaries, security, etc. If your only argument is their cost, you've lost.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
its the office of head of state that cost money. queen or president, you'd still be paying for palaces, entertaining foreign dignitaries, security, etc. If your only argument is their cost, you've lost.
But the President would have a reason for doing it.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Why do you need a head of state anyway

because a council would never get anything done and would just create even more costs. witness the EU.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here