Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Royal Wedding

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
With only just over 6 weeks ago to one of the biggest events in recent British history how are your plans coming along for the Royal Wedding??

The Lyme Regis Masons have organised a street party for the big day, and we are currently in the process of rasining money to fund the hire of a big screen TV for the seafront. Should be a hoot.

:yahoo:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Great thanks. Day trip to France by ferry has already been booked. £23 for 5 of us and a car. Great value. Vivre la republique.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
I don't care for Royalty one bit, so I will be working and adding another bank holiday to next year's entitlement:clap:

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Great thanks. Day trip to France by ferry has already been booked. £23 for 5 of us and a car. Great value. Vivre la republique.

Great idea, always wondered how our European cousins would celebrate this occassion, seems they are looking forward to it as much as us....

Royal Wedding Fever Grips Europe

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Haven't decided what I'm doing yet but I'm pretty sure I won't be watching it, I'm already fed up of the coverage they get in the news when they go and mingle with "normal people". I have taken full advantage of the 11 days for the price of 3 holiday though.

Just out of interest Crodo why do you insist on putting a big red exclamation mark next to ALMOST EVERY thread you start?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Great idea
Yes I know, that's why I'm going. A whole day without having to endure the lickspittles in all forms of media. The ferry will be PACKED with replicans like me, all desperate to get out of the country for the day. Should be a terrific atmosphere.

tottenhamseagull

Jul 7, 2008
A day out somewhere for me. Away from all the hype. This country is full of too many money grabbing, media hungy ,fame seeking twats. Cant be doing with it.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I'll be watching on telly with the family. Good on William and Kate, I think they make a great couple. It's just a good day all round - what's not to like?

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
I will be having a few drinks somewhere, trying to avoid as much of the wedding as possible. I will also be wondering why on earth I am forced to pay my staff their salaries for not working because a couple of toffs couldn't get married on a f***ing Saturday like everyone else!

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
I shall be "celebrating" the extra bank holiday by seeing Tim Minchin at the Albert Hall. Really couldn't give a monkeys about the wedding...

I will be having a few drinks somewhere, trying to avoid as much of the wedding as possible. I will also be wondering why on earth I am forced to pay my staff their salaries for not working because a couple of toffs couldn't get married on a f***ing Saturday like everyone else!

You dont.

This is the e-mail from our company:

8th February 2011

To: All Staff

Re: Bank Holiday 29th April 2011

The government has announced that Friday 29th April 2011 will be a bank holiday, to celebrate the Royal Wedding. However, while the extra day has been announced, there is no increase in the statutory entitlement for holidays. Guidance can be found in the staff handbook regarding the Company’s holiday policy and payment of bank holidays.

Therefore the Company has decided that this day will be a normal working day. Should staff wish to take this day off to celebrate the Royal Wedding, then the normal holiday request procedures must be followed. Alternatively, staff can take this day as unpaid. All requests are on a first come, first served basis.

All completely legal.

Castello

Castello
May 28, 2009
Tottenham
You dont.

This is the e-mail from our company:

8th February 2011

To: All Staff

Re: Bank Holiday 29th April 2011

The government has announced that Friday 29th April 2011 will be a bank holiday, to celebrate the Royal Wedding. However, while the extra day has been announced, there is no increase in the statutory entitlement for holidays. Guidance can be found in the staff handbook regarding the Company’s holiday policy and payment of bank holidays.

Therefore the Company has decided that this day will be a normal working day. Should staff wish to take this day off to celebrate the Royal Wedding, then the normal holiday request procedures must be followed. Alternatively, staff can take this day as unpaid. All requests are on a first come, first served basis.

All completely legal.

Im sure my employer would love to pull this stunt, but they daren't and the patron of the charity I work for is..... Prince William.

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
However, while the extra day has been announced, there is no increase in the statutory entitlement for holidays. Guidance can be found in the staff handbook regarding the Company’s holiday policy and payment of bank holidays.

Will entirely depend on wording in employment contracts. If your holiday allowance in your contract is explicitly stated as "X days plus bank holidays" then you (whoever) would surely be entitled to it. Might be worth a look at least...

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
i like the proper nutters who actually will go and be in the throng. what is the f***ing point of that its not like you are going to get a a slice of cake.

as for leaving the country as a protest blimey.

i bet all the car registration numbers will be recorded and sent to the palace. it might not always be this touchy feely in britain you never know when william takes over he could be a f***ing nutcase.

britain has as much chance of becoming a republic in the next few generations lifetimes as it does of drifting off further south to a nice warm latitude we can all enjoy. its a mad position to take its a bit flat earther.

Will entirely depend on wording in employment contracts. If your holiday allowance in your contract is explicitly stated as "X days plus bank holidays" then you (whoever) would surely be entitled to it. Might be worth a look at least...

Believe me, some of the people here have even gone to the CAB about it.

Although personally i tend to agree that paying everyone an extra day is a bit much, i am gutted that i will not be able to spend the day with my Grandaughters watching a "Prince and Princess" get married.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
i like the proper nutters who actually will go and be in the throng. what is the f***ing point of that its not like you are going to get a a slice of cake.
It's because these people are THICK and don't have lives of their own.

as for leaving the country as a protest blimey.
It's not a protest. It's a way of being able to ignore the fawning media that invades life this country on all things royalty. Especially the truly dreadful BBC.

i bet all the car registration numbers will be recorded and sent to the palace. it might not always be this touchy feely in britain you never know when william takes over he could be a f***ing nutcase.
Takes over? They reign (sadly), they don't rule.

britain has as much chance of becoming a republic in the next few generations lifetimes as it does of drifting off further south to a nice warm latitude we can all enjoy. its a mad position to take its a bit flat earther.
Agreed. Despite the appalling behaviour of retards like Prince Edward and his fat arsed ex, or the hideously snobbish Queen Mum, or Prince Charles and his kantankerous ill informed meddling, too many people in this country seem to be happy to see this family live their life of privilege at the expense of the rest of us.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here