Jan 7, 2006
What a load of complete f***ing shit they are :rant:

f***ing bafoons

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
NSC Patron
Jan 7, 2006
Tossers the lot of them.

Lost my passport years ago and that was sent registered post!

And yet all they say is that it will be with me in a few days, well I won't be needing it in a few days, I need it for Saturday morning.

Did they fund you any money for the loss by any chance ???

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
I will not put anything of importance in the post unless it is recorded delivery. This is the unfortunate state of the post in this country.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
The service has it's faults, but I would rather keep Royal Mail than go private with ordinary letters costing upwards of a £1 to post.

Still, I can understand your frustration!

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
The service has it's faults, but I would rather keep Royal Mail than go private with ordinary letters costing upwards of a £1 to post.

Cripple the postal unions and state-owned post systems are a lot more efficient. Amazon still use our post system here because its actually more reliable than most couriers, and is only a few % more expensive than Royal Mail; this is repeated in other European countries.

I remember when Royal Mail were meant to be very good though ???

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
I do a fair amount of business via eBay with the UK, and find the RM's book and small parcel service, like the USPS's Priority Mail here, a very good deal, and 100% -- so far -- trouble free.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath

To be honest I'd rather pay a bit extra and know that everything's going to get delivered, I don't have time to chase every parcel which gets lost.

steward 433

Back and better
Nov 4, 2007
Brighton
And yet all they say is that it will be with me in a few days, well I won't be needing it in a few days, I need it for Saturday morning.

Did they fund you any money for the loss by any chance ???

Registered post was insured up to £250 so got a new passport. It arrived 2 days before we went away!

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
check the date stamp on the letter.
9 times out of 10 its the sender thats bullsh1tting on the postage date

given the problems the club has had sending out season ticket renewals (see Ask the Club), the extension of the deadline "because the ticket office is so busy", and the "franking machine problems" with the Christmas DVDs I wouldn't be too quick to blame the Royal Mail...........a bit like blaming the cleaners when something goes missing from the office.

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
To be honest, although Royal Mail are shit, the reason they are is because they are still so cheap. Unlike every other service their prices are still incredibly low so the fact that they deliver the amount that they do without problem is impressive.

If something is important I'd just send it recorded post, which is only a bit over a pound (probably about what you might pay if there were private delivers) and is pretty secure.

steward 433

Back and better
Nov 4, 2007
Brighton
To be honest, although Royal Mail are shit, the reason they are is because they are still so cheap. Unlike every other service their prices are still incredibly low so the fact that they deliver the amount that they do without problem is impressive.

If something is important I'd just send it recorded post, which is only a bit over a pound (probably about what you might pay if there were private delivers) and is pretty secure.

They still lost my passport though!!!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Don't worry we will be out on strike again soon, and you won't be getting any post.
Pensions this time, as it was 'taken off the table' during the last deal.
Unfortunately as pretty much everybody else has had their pension screwed over, they'll be no sympathy for our plight.
But that won't stop the Union and 40,000 scousers voting for it.

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
What a load of complete f***ing shit they are :rant:

f***ing bafoons

well worth ringing the ticket office and see if they will issue another ticket in replacement of the one sent, and then you can pick it up at the Leeds ticket office (hopefully) worth a try.

as ive said in a differant thread, we live along way from Brighton, but in the past we have had to pick our tickets up at the away ground, and it is the team / kit man who takes them up, you cant normally collect them before about 1.00pm though.

hurry before the team leaves this morning though!

Good luck :thumbsup:

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Don't worry we will be out on strike again soon, and you won't be getting any post.
Pensions this time, as it was 'taken off the table' during the last deal.
Unfortunately as pretty much everybody else has had their pension screwed over, they'll be no sympathy for our plight.
But that won't stop the Union and 40,000 scousers voting for it.

I think there's a very good chance you could be joined by rail workers striking over pensions this year as well.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here