Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Royal Mail - A disgrace...

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Got my tickets for the Bournemouth today, posted 7/1, delivered 26/1 and that was 1st class. Perhaps I should send Royal Mail the bill for 1hrs 12mins to an 0845 number to get a duplicate tickets.
Something has to be done about these muppetts, if I was a small business waiting on a cheque that could have sent me under. Rant over..

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
So have they turned up today but delivered tomorrow?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Royal Mail did make an announcement that the backlog had now been cleared , your tickets must have been set aside with all the Xmas cards to get delivered. :lol:

Dr Q

Jul 29, 2004
Cobbydale
Royal Mail did make an announcement that the backlog had now been cleared , your tickets must have been set aside with all the Xmas cards to get delivered. :lol:

Sounds like it, I posted my Christmas Cards to my Parents and Sis back in Sussex on 18th Dec. They had a Leeds postmark on for 18th Dec, and were delivered on 19th January!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I posted my brothers ST receipt on Thursday afternoon by 2nd class, as I always use 2nd class post, and it arrived in Feltham Middlesex Friday morning, so it isnt all bad.

The French Mistress

Jun 24, 2007
Got my tickets for the Bournemouth today, posted 7/1, delivered 26/1 and that was 1st class. Perhaps I should send Royal Mail the bill for 1hrs 12mins to an 0845 number to get a duplicate tickets.
Something has to be done about these muppetts, if I was a small business waiting on a cheque that could have sent me under. Rant over..

Last sentence not unlike some football clubs !

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Something similar happened to me a couple of years ago with Orient tickets, they turned up the monday after the game. No matter how much you complain to the post office all you'll get out of them is a book of stamps. I don't trust them at all now and always buy my tickets in person.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Being retired on having a bus pass my wife and I are the family couriers for tickets and are asked to go into the shop to get them whenever they are needed.

It floors me , how so many local post offices were closed down only to create a horrible situation before Xmas. The, even posting early (i.e. before middle of December), many items and packages are only just arriving at destinations now, over a month later.

I had several eBay claims, a couple were retracted and a couple of them not, from items sent abroad that didn't get there or got there way-late.

That, and the way they employed our local delivery people, was poor.
LOADS of people in Britain out of work, yet they shut down post offices - and in times when postal use for parcels must have gone up by 20times what it used to be. Okay, so they lost to email communication, but still people send letters and cards all the time (and the lines are still there at the post offices that remain).

Chester Drawers

Apr 15, 2004
Belair
Too busy posting flyers through your letter box these days to deliver any letters ....if I could be bothered I'd gather up all the crap that lands on my doormat each and every morning, place it in an envelope and send it back to them ... unstamped ....grrrrrrr!!!!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It floors me , how so many local post offices were closed down only to create a horrible situation before Xmas. The, even posting early (i.e. before middle of December), many items and packages are only just arriving at destinations now, over a month later.
Post Office Counters and Royal Mail deliveries are pretty much separate entities

I had several eBay claims, a couple were retracted and a couple of them not, from items sent abroad that didn't get there or got there way-late.

That, and the way they employed our local delivery people, was poor.
If you can get away with 20hr short term contracts, as an employer, you will
LOADS of people in Britain out of work, yet they shut down post offices - and in times when postal use for parcels must have gone up by 20times what it used to be. Okay, so they lost to email communication, but still people send letters and cards all the time (and the lines are still there at the post offices that remain).
Yes they do, but your 'stamped' mail runs at a huge loss, 40p to send something from Penzance to Aberdeen!. Losing the monopoly so TNT DHL et al can cream off the big cash is partly how this mess is continuing.

The main question is, how did RM screw it up, so badly when it did have a monopoly.

Last edited:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Too busy posting flyers through your letter box these days to deliver any letters ....if I could be bothered I'd gather up all the crap that lands on my doormat each and every morning, place it in an envelope and send it back to them ... unstamped ....grrrrrrr!!!!
That's where we now make our money, the gloves are off in that market, we are even delivering the plastic charity bags, now.
Putting Royal Mail in direct competition with a Latvian carrying a back pack.

Fef

Rock God.
Feb 21, 2009
Something similar happened to me a couple of years ago with Orient tickets, they turned up the monday after the game. No matter how much you complain to the post office all you'll get out of them is a book of stamps. I don't trust them at all now and always buy my tickets in person.

I lost all confidence in RM a couple of years ago. Ever since the Brighton sorting moved to Gatwick, there always seems to be at least an extra day's delay in delivery.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Gotta admit Statty...RM is now a mess....shafting the customers, us the employees and still making obscene profits ready to sell off to a foreign competitor. It stinks.....finally after 27 years of service i hate the way it is run.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Is there an opt out akin to the telephone preference service?
Yep drop a note into your local delivery office, stating your name and address (obviously) and the fact you wish to opt out from all 'door to door' items.
Telling your Postie or leaving a note on the door just won't cut it, as the D2D provider is the client, not you.

Chester Drawers

Apr 15, 2004
Belair
Yep drop a note into your local delivery office, stating your name and address (obviously) and the fact you wish to opt out from all 'door to door' items.
Telling your Postie or leaving a note on the door just won't cut it, as the D2D provider is the client, not you.

Many thanks ... ! Should only need to put the recycling bin out once a month now!

Last edited:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
But they don't. And they have a HUUGE penion deficit to deal with , possibly as much as £12 billion !!!!! all of which is (theoretically) underwritten and guaranteed by the mug, sorry, taxpayer

The pension deficit gets wiped out when RM is sold because £26Bn of assets in the pension scheme pot will be being siphoned off by the Government and the scheme absorbed into the PPF.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here