Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Roy Keane new forest boss?

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I can this happening. For some strange reason, I posted Keane as Manager by mistake in a pre-season post.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Other than someone at the low end of the league, or possibly upper nonleague, would any manager that currenly has a job be interested in Forest?

So, I think realstically you're looking at the available managers. I think you can eliminate anyone who would be in with a shout for Premier League (Curbishly, O'Neil etc)

According to the LMA website, these are the currently available managers:
lma.jpg

am the one

May 29, 2011
Worthing West Sussex
Yes Roy Keane is a big name in the world of football, but like at what he has done for the club,s he has been at--NOTHING.

So i will give him 9 mnths at forest,(if he gets the job) and 7 games before we see him up in arms about something.

Up the albion, do we need a championship goalkeeper, i say yes.

Gus is god

Banned
Sep 9, 2011
Other than someone at the low end of the league, or possibly upper nonleague, would any manager that currenly has a job be interested in Forest?

So, I think realstically you're looking at the available managers. I think you can eliminate anyone who would be in with a shout for Premier League (Curbishly, O'Neil etc)

According to the LMA website, these are the currently available managers:
View attachment 28334

Vialli he ant a bad manager, infact a few good managers up for grabs.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Been looking for somewhere to put this, didn't fancy starting a thread and being questioned for it by all the complainers.

Basically, my mate at Uni's dad is very 'well in' with a large number of the Nottingham Forest board members, and her best friends dad is on the board and thus part of the team making decisions on the new manager. Word of mouth from said best friend is that the new manager has already been decided upon, and will be announced next week, but this board member has told nobody of course, silly to put his job at risk.
Anyway, main thing he did hint at though apparently is that it's a "familiar face" who will be appointed. Friend tells me that Paul Hart is good friends with a number of higher board members at Forest, to the point they reguarly go out together or have family get togethers. I asked if this "familiar face" could be Billy Davies, and was told that the reason he left was because he and the board didn't see eye to eye. She also confirmed that Roy Keane WAS at last weeks game in the stands.

So, basically, she's fairly confident it'll be Paul Hart (so is her friend), so i've just been down to William Hill and got 14-1. By no means is it guaranteed, but at those odds its well worth a few quid of my money. All a bit tits up at Forest from what i've heard, apparently the board have more pressing matters to deal with (Chairman has just stepped down etc I believe, or something along the lines) and all that is wanted is stability and someone who won't cause any problems (surely puts Roy Keane to bed?).

Just a word of advice, as I say not guaranteed, but at 14-1 worth a couple of quid.

SEAGULLS TILL I DIE

Jan 6, 2008
well he did play for forest so can see why they would think about it! O'neil will end up as sunderland manager when Bruce gets sacked, he supports Sunderland as well!
and something else to leave you with, we may be signing MAHAMADOU!

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
That's some list above by Acker and more than one name made me smile (John Barnes) what about Gascgoine :smile:

Paul Hart would seem obvious if somewhat dull but who cares?

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Paul Hart would seem obvious if somewhat dull but who cares?

Exactly, but if so it rules them out of promotion effectively, he's shit.

I've decided to pop down and stick another fiver on, all I can afford.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
The last manager to get relegated in charge of Nottingham Forest.... Paul Hart. Why would they appoint him again? I hope you're wrong, but I'll back it in case you're right. The stupid bald idiot would guarantee to relegate them again.

Austrian Gull

Feb 5, 2009
Linz, Austria
A lot of disdain for Roy Keane the manager on this thread - not sure he's quite that bad. Granted he did pretty poorly at Ipswich but he did well at Sunderland.

I can think of a few others who would be worse than Keane - Paul Hart for a start.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Doesnt Paul Hart get appointed after the transfer deadline and used as a stop gap till the end of season at very little cost so October is too early for him.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
I don't think their problem is with the manager. will it matter who they get in?

Exactly.
Said friend knows the chairman and all, and apparently it really is quite a mess up there at the moment. The priority is not a new manager, its stabilising the board and reorganising high end set up of the club.
As i said, seemingly a well known face that the board can trust is wanted, and as a family friend I guess Hart fits the bill.

He is awful though, but with the lack of funds cant see many being attracted there.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
I'm pretty sure that they're divided about him. Some would be happy to see him come back on a short term contract until end of season.

Can't see him going back, reason he left was due to a fall out/bad relationship with the board. Things have got worse since then, no funds are available.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here