Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Roy Keane new forest boss?

de la zouch

Jul 12, 2007
If they want or need someone on the cheap Hart could be the man. I was told what he was on as a basic at Portsmouth and i could not believe how little it was.

DerbyGull

Mar 5, 2008
Notts
Can't see him going back, reason he left was due to a fall out/bad relationship with the board. Things have got worse since then, no funds are available.

Like LE2 said though (and forest fans have been saying), he is more than willing to go back. So one would assume he is willing to go back to the same circs (no money). He didn't want to leave. The stupid board sacked him cos he missed out on the playoffs. All the fans said it was a bad decision and even the chairman (Doughty) announced he is stepping down citing his biggest mistake as 'sacking Davies' in the summer.

DerbyGull

Mar 5, 2008
Notts
What about this beautiful man? Did a great job for us with NO money!

Dean_Wilkins_2007.jpg

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Yes, of course they would. Pretty much every single manager in League One and Two would leave for Forest, as well as at least of a third of the managers in the Championship.

Lower end of the league = league 2.
I would argue a significant number of managers in league one still consider they have an opportunity to win promotion, have the support of their chairmen who have backed them with signings, and thus see their current jobs as a better prospect than a struggling championship team where the last two managers have complained about lack of funding, and have had questionable relationships with the chairman.
As for a third of managers in the championship leaving their current jobs, I seriously doubt it. The term 'sideways movement' comes to mind, especially coupled with the above mentioned lack of funding/boardroom support.

Last edited:

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
They may be struggling at the moment but we're ten games into the season. Any new manager wouldn't be put off by that because they know they have LOADS of time to stop them going down. Similarly, no team in League One can be anywhere close to sure of getting promotion, so whatever clubs you choose to compare it IS a step up. They might not have a huge budget, but then most clubs don't. At least Forest is a club with support, history and some reasonable players. There is the potential to succeed there. So as I said, 95% of League One and Two managers would jump at the chance of taking that job. And a third of the Championship? Well the managers of Coventry, Watford, Burnley, Doncaster, Barnsley, Millwall, Bristol City and Peterborough would all see it as a big step up. Eight clubs = a third of the division.

Dean Saunders has only just been employed by Doncaster and has already got them going, I don't see him leaving. Darren Ferguson won't leave Peterborough again while he is having some success with them (comparatively speaking) I'm not familiar enough with the other managers, and rather than just go round in circles, I shall simply say I disagree, for the reason I said, other than to add 10 games is very nearly a quarter of the season, and tables are starting to stabilise and give a bit of an indication of the way things are shaping up.

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
Aren't they supposed to be going for a young coach to run the first team working under Paul Hart as a director of football?

Karl Robinson and Paul Tisdale have been mentioned.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
And a third of the Championship? Well the managers of Coventry, Watford, Burnley, Doncaster, Barnsley, Millwall, Bristol City and Peterborough would all see it as a big step up. Eight clubs = a third of the division.

As Acker has pointed out the managers at Donny and Peterborough aren't likely to leave. Of the others, the managers of Coventry and Watford are in the first managerial jobs and were only appointed a few months back, it wouldn't be the best career move to jump so early. Bristol City haven't got a manager. Barnsley's and Burnley's managers haven't been there that long either (and Burnley were in the PL far more recently than Forest). Millwall would be a possible, they're really struggling. So that leaves two managers, at the most, who might be tempted. A long way from a third of the Championship.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here