Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Brighton] Roy Grace coming to ITV next year

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Saw them filming near Hope Gap 2 weeks ago. I presume the caravan teeters/falls over the cliff it is nowhere near.
078BD541-EB26-41C3-B108-844422722352.jpeg

Petunia

Living the dream
NSC Patron
May 8, 2013
Downunder
Just watched episode 2 and personally thought it was very good. Better than the first one in my opinion. Hopefully there will be many more to come.

Hope it airs soon in the UK:lol::lol:

dolphins

Jan 26, 2012
BN1, in GOSBTS
Has episode 2 aired yet? I’ve just noticed it’s on here on Sunday:thumbsup:

Found it was originally aired (presumably in Australia) over six months ago, and also aired on Britbox on 4th May! Also found someone had uploaded it onto one of the popular mainstream video sites, split into two halves.

Why Blighty (apart from those half dozen people who have Britbox) have to wait so long for it is a mystery...still no confirmed UK air date.

Petunia

Living the dream
NSC Patron
May 8, 2013
Downunder
Found it was originally aired (presumably in Australia) over six months ago, and also aired on Britbox on 4th May! Also found someone had uploaded it onto one of the popular mainstream video sites, split into two halves.

Why Blighty (apart from those half dozen people who have Britbox) have to wait so long for it is a mystery...still no confirmed UK air date.

Very strange indeed. It definitely only aired here in Oz just over a week ago and it’s not on (my) Britbox! Are there different versions of Britbox in different locations maybe?

dolphins

Jan 26, 2012
BN1, in GOSBTS
Just watched the first and second episodes back to back. The second (Looking Good Dead) I thought was significantly better than the first, and Norman Potting (their one, not ours! :lol: ) was excellently cast and acted. Very enjoyable.

Saw the stage play of Looking Good Dead a week or so ago and it reminded us just how much they'd adapted it for the theatre. The TV version was much closer to the book (which I haven't read for ages).

Petunia

Living the dream
NSC Patron
May 8, 2013
Downunder
Just watched the first and second episodes back to back. The second (Looking Good Dead) I thought was significantly better than the first, and Norman Potting (their one, not ours! :lol: ) was excellently cast and acted. Very enjoyable.

Saw the stage play of Looking Good Dead a week or so ago and it reminded us just how much they'd adapted it for the theatre. The TV version was much closer to the book (which I haven't read for ages).

Completely agree. I’m really looking forward to series 2.

LANGDON SEAGULL

Dec 9, 2004
Langdon Hills
Well after a mere 13 months after the first episode , the second episode is on Sunday 24th April on ITV

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Well after a mere 13 months after the first episode , the second episode is on Sunday 24th April on ITV

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hopefully not as dreadful as the first one. But then I think the source material is dire. I was expecting Simm to be better though. The whole thing felt very cheap.

Deleted member 37369

Aug 21, 2018
I know the 'real' Guy Batchelor that appeared much later on in the Roy Grace series. It was supposed to be for one book only but he ended up being in a few and then ended up being a rather bad boy!

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Starts in 20 minutes, ITV. I hope Norman Potting is in this one, and I hope he is like I imagine.

First Grace novel I read, this one. Also saw it on stage with Ian "I've got nothing left" Beale playing Grace...

Stuart Munday

Jul 6, 2003
Saltdean
Starts in 20 minutes, ITV. I hope Norman Potting is in this one, and I hope he is like I imagine.

First Grace novel I read, this one. Also saw it on stage with Ian "I've got nothing left" Beale playing Grace...

I’m not sure about the casting for Norman Potting, I like the actor but doesn’t look anything like I imagined.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I didn’t fall asleep in it which is my barometer to a programme being OK. Enjoyed tonight’s episode

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
There’s no reason for a southbound train to be stopping in Platform 1 at Preston Park . Also all the shots on a train was clearly a train travelling on the east Coastway (which doesn’t call at Preston Park) but that would explain why I got an email at work asking someone to approve filming for ITV on a Eastbourne to Brighton service.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here