Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Roy and national pride

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
I think all the players singing and showing the opposition team and fans a degree of unity, pride and team ethic is a positive thing, and Roy Hodgson recognises this. I don't give a stuff about what they are singing about - although Land of Hope and Glory or Jerusalem would be good options.
This is one guy who, given the chance can make a silk purse from a sow's ear and instill some pride in a buch of people who are managed by foreigners.
Alf Ramsey had a few world class players but generally the team of 66 were fairly workmanlike players who were molded into a team, playing to a strict formula.
Good on you Roy.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
I was pleased to hear Roy defend his players against the constant 'over paid prima donna' jibes that constantly get slung at the players in an interview yesterday. I know they're not all perfect but sick of the stick they get. Couldn't give a shit if they sing the anthem or not. I wouldn't, I hate it, but wouldn't make me any less pleased or proud to be there. Who is anyone to tell another man how they should feel English. It's bollocks.

That's my mini rant over.

The best bit about the singing of the national anthem was the mascot who was as tall as, Ashley Young was it?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here