Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Rottingdean join the fight

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
Yorkie said:
I know. I was also being facetious. It isn't just posh areas that have duck ponds.
The smilies don't reflect posts well enough.

Newhaven IS posh!

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Lammy said:
Newhaven IS posh!

:lolol:
My bit is. I overlook the golf course and can see the Downs and the river in the distance.
Superb views, 5 mins from the sea. Quiet neighbours.
What more could anyone ask?

Last edited:

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
If an Albion fan lives in Rottingdean, Saltdean, Telscombe, Peacehaven how are they supposed to get to Falmer without travelling through Rottingdean and Woodingdean using the Falmer Road?

I have often wondered this and IMO those residents in Woodingdean and Rottingdean have more of a right to protest about Falmer than the Falmer residents themselves.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
The Wookiee said:
If an Albion fan lives in Rottingdean, Saltdean, Telscombe, Peacehaven how are they supposed to get to Falmer without travelling through Rottingdean and Woodingdean using the Falmer Road?

I have often wondered this and IMO those residents in Woodingdean and Rottingdean have more of a right to protest about Falmer than the Falmer residents themselves.

But surely those people would already be using the Falmer Road to drive to the Park and Ride at Mill Road? They surely wouldn't drive through the centre of Brighton to do that when the by-pass is so much quicker. I don't see what would be different.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Gwylan said:
But surely those people would already be using the Falmer Road to drive to the Park and Ride at Mill Road? They surely wouldn't drive through the centre of Brighton to do that when the by-pass is so much quicker. I don't see what would be different.

There will be a Park & Ride at the Racecourse or Mithras House already in use so that would be nearer for them.

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Gwylan said:

But thats for a crowd of under 7000, it could potentially treble the amount of traffic.

See-Goals

DIIIIIIIIIIIIIVE
Aug 13, 2004
Seaford
I'm hoping there will be shuttle buses from Peacehaven and Saltdean on match days (a bloody train track would be nice though). I live in Saltdean and I'll be buggered if I'm driving to a game when Falmer is built where we will have our own restaurants and bars :drink:

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Yorkie said:
I would contribute but a lot would say 'the club get enough money out of me and where are the new signings'

I'd contribute and still say "where are our new strikers"!!...

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Yorkie said:
:lolol:
My bit is. I overlook the golf course and can see the Downs and the river in the distance.
Superb views, 5 mins from the sea. Quiet neighbours.
What more could anyone ask?

a 40,000 seater football stadium called the new goldstone:salute:

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
The Wookiee said:

Am I missing something here? I thought that the people of Peacehaven and Telscombe Cliffs would go to Newhaven and get on a train using their ticket/travel pass.

The Wookiee said:
Along the A259 and up Freshfield Road to the Racecourse Park & Ride. You'd be crazy to attempt Woodingdean cross-roads.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
DÃnN¥ §ëÃGuLL© said:
At least it isn't full of skagheads and big issue sellers pulling a dog along behind them on a piece of string :tosser:

Not all roads in Brighton & Hove are like west street,Danny :lolol:

Dover

Home at Last.
Oct 5, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Rottingdean. Is that the same palce where the yoths on a Friday night take up the local plods time by having mini riots.

I have been to Rottingdean a couple of times, at random, on a Friday, and it was bedlam. I suggest they sort their own problems out first before they cast aspersions elsewhere.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Lord Bracknell said:
Along the A259 and up Freshfield Road to the Racecourse Park & Ride. You'd be crazy to attempt Woodingdean cross-roads.

top comment Lord B.

Of course, if the stadium was built at say, Sheepcote valley, then all the traffic from the a23 would come via falmer road and through woodingdean.

and if it was built at waterhall, toads hole etc. then the race hill would be too far away to be a park and ride and we would all go via the falmer road through rottingdean, woodingdean and past falmer.

trouble is though, there's nowt as blind as someone who doesn't want to see!

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
I live in saltdean.

Within the last 5 years I have tried on three occasions to meet with rottingdean parish council and try and correct their views.

They didn't refuse. They simply didn't respond!

I did however meet the former chairman of the parish council in a pub one evening (in early 2002) and he advised that they objected to the planning applications without even reading them. They did it because Falmer asked them 'and us villages need to stick together'.

I reminded him that Rottingdean was a suburb of Brighton and that combined with Saltdean it was really a town. I also mentioned that his house was built on downland (as are all in this area). In fact, far more beautiful land than Falmer as we were where the downs met the sea.

He didn't want to talk after that.

something I said?

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
ROSM said:
top comment Lord B.

Of course, if the stadium was built at say, Sheepcote valley, then all the traffic from the a23 would come via falmer road and through woodingdean.

and if it was built at waterhall, toads hole etc. then the race hill would be too far away to be a park and ride and we would all go via the falmer road through rottingdean, woodingdean and past falmer.

trouble is though, there's nowt as blind as someone who doesn't want to see!
Aint that the truth :rolleyes:

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
The Large One said:

Anyway £2,500 is a piss in the ocean. Jonathan Clay (Albion's QC) wouldn't get off the bog for that.

It is but it all counts towards the total. I was curious as to what they were up to now since I think they were about £10000 short on pledges when they actually applied for the judicial review. Does anyone have any idea?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here