Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Rottingdean join the fight

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
ROSM said:
I live in saltdean.

Within the last 5 years I have tried on three occasions to meet with rottingdean parish council and try and correct their views.

They didn't refuse. They simply didn't respond!

I did however meet the former chairman of the parish council in a pub one evening (in early 2002) and he advised that they objected to the planning applications without even reading them. They did it because Falmer asked them 'and us villages need to stick together'.

I reminded him that Rottingdean was a suburb of Brighton and that combined with Saltdean it was really a town. I also mentioned that his house was built on downland (as are all in this area). In fact, far more beautiful land than Falmer as we were where the downs met the sea.

He didn't want to talk after that.

something I said?
f*** it, raze the 'village' to the ground - no-one will notice.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Lord Bracknell said:
Along the A259 and up Freshfield Road to the Racecourse Park & Ride. You'd be crazy to attempt Woodingdean cross-roads.
I suspect you may mean Wilson Avenue. Getting to Freshfield Road (or Sutherland Road) will mean driving along Eastern Road, which can be quite troublesome on a Saturday, or turning right into one of those really narrow streets off the seafront road in Kemp Town.

Last edited:

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
My home in Brighton is on the Saltdean/Rottingdean border. Always drive along the coast road and then up to the racecourse instead over using the Falmer Road. Rottingdean is pretty decent really but the parish council clearly bonkers. They just need the facts given to them. There are a lot of Rottingdean/Saltdean Albion maybe we could do something ala Lewes residents to show them that their people want Falmer.

The Large One said:
I suspect you may mean Wilson Avenue. Getting to Freshfield Road (or Sutherland Road) will mean driving along Eastern Road, which can be quite troublesome on a Saturday, or turning right into one of those really narrow streets off the seafront road in Kemp Town.
My Freshfield Road rat run is actually part of a cunning plan to get revenge on a bunch of opinionated local residents who annoyed me like hell back in the mid nineties.

But I concede that Wilson Avenue is probably a better route.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here