Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Rotherhams new stadium - WOW

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
rothbiz%2Brotherham%2Bunited%2Bcommunity%2Bstadium1.jpg

0,,10360~10246955,00.jpg

12,000 capacity, looking absolutely tremendous, and they are on track to kick off there in August.

I have to say, I particularly like the STEEPNESS of the camber. Much as I love it dearly, thats something I think they could have improved on at the Amex behind the goals particularly.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I agree with you [MENTION=70]Easy 10[/MENTION], I don't think enough attention was paid to the steepness behind the goals. But I'm sure when it becomes a bowl of sorts it won't look out of place.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
I really like it, they could have easily gone for a cheap, donny/darlo type bowl ground but they have done something rather unique. very much like how steep the stands are. Also you need to look at the bottom tier at the etihad stadium, its obscenely shallow, because of the way they had to excavate the pitch to cover the running track.

285247_biglandscape.jpg

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Agree with Easy10 and LondonBlue, if I have one criticism of the Amex, it's that I wish they had made the 'rake' of the stands steeper (with the exception of the Upper West, of course). I'm nine rows back, but still have no sense of perspective as I'm only just above the head height of the players.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Rotherham's population is 117k so yes you'd think 12k would be a bit 'unambitious' should they ever rise phoenix-like through the leagues and the ground doesn't appear to lend itself to expansion looking at the artist's impression. Obviously they lose support to the Sheffield clubs and Leeds.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
I really like it, they could have easily gone for a cheap, donny/darlo type bowl ground but they have done something rather unique. very much like how steep the stands are. Also you need to look at the bottom tier at the etihad stadium, its obscenely shallow, because of the way they had to excavate the pitch to cover the running track.

285247_biglandscape.jpg

Are they caravans on the pitch? Are you sure it's not Selhurst?

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Looks decent but I can't say there's any wow factor (as Phil Spencer would say) for me.

Basil Fawlty

Don't Mention The War
I think with them starting of small could be a good thing. I don't think they've got a chance of making the play-offs this season. But next season and with their new ground could be a massive step of getting promoted, then who knows about expanding and beyond that? I think they're working with in their means at the moment, so I don't think unambitous at all.

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
looks very nice,shame we wont ever be playing there

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
would be nice would love a trip up there,but you know what i mean eh

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here