Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Rotherhams new stadium - WOW

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
The 'New York stadium' at Rotherham was featured on SSN earlier this week, named after the factory that once stood on the site which produced the iconic fire hydrants for NYC (more footie trivia).

The steep rake of the stands certainly enhances the relatively small capacity, a bit like at the Keepmoat. The owner made a point of saying how they had filled in the corners from the start (wonder whose stadium he was referring to there then?) and there is modest capacity at the back of the stand for additional seats if required.

Ok it doesn't quite have the 'wow' factor but at least the design of the roof is unique. I bet they are chuffed to have their own ground after exile in the Don Valley Athletics stadium - and at least they haven't broken the bank going for a 25 - 30k job that they'll never fill. Good luck to them, I look forward to crossing it off my '92', whenever that might be.

pauli cee

Jan 21, 2009
worthing
must admit, i quite like it, i think the 'lopsided' look may be catching on....
good luck to them, and yep, do quite fancy a tuesday night carling cup 3rd round match trip up there...

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
rothbiz%2Brotherham%2Bunited%2Bcommunity%2Bstadium1.jpg

0,,10360~10246955,00.jpg

12,000 capacity, looking absolutely tremendous, and they are on track to kick off there in August.

I have to say, I particularly like the STEEPNESS of the camber. Much as I love it dearly, thats something I think they could have improved on at the Amex behind the goals particularly.

It's known as the angle of rake, not camber you stupid cunt.

Last edited:

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I couldn't envisage any circumstances in which I would ever again go to Rotherham to watch a football match for a variety of reasons. But this and beer at £2 a pint could do the trick.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
It's known as the angle of rake, not camber you stupid cunt.

Not too much of an overreaction there then. Thanks for that. What was the edit for 45 minutes later, just to get the word in right ?

Do you have to work hard at being a complete and utter prick, or does it just come naturally to you ?

I'll assume perhaps you've been drinking.

JJB

Mar 16, 2011
New Forest
must admit, i quite like it, i think the 'lopsided' look may be catching on....
good luck to them, and yep, do quite fancy a tuesday night carling cup 3rd round match trip up there...

It's not that it's catching on. Every stadium built in the next 10-20 years will look like this. Just like yours does.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Not too much of an overreaction there then. Thanks for that. What was the edit for 45 minutes later, just to get the word in right ?

Do you have to work hard at being a complete and utter prick, or does it just come naturally to you ?

I'll assume perhaps you've been drinking.

It comes naturally but I like to put some practice in as well. :thumbsup:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Hilarious. Must remember that for when I next fancy chucking the C word around at fellow Albion fans on here.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here