Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ross McCormack

churley1

Oct 13, 2009
Bogota
Spot on. It's one of the reasons i dislike them. They have pulled the wool over most Palace fans eyes. They make it seem like we need them and we should be repaying them for everything they have done. They claim they were "reluctant" buyers. BS. They tried to get the club on the cheap and they did. Parish is the one i dislike the most.

Bizarre point of view, granted their honeymoon period is over now but they're funding a loss making club, perhaps that is why they were reluctant buyers? Football isn't a profit making industry unless you're one of the top dogs.

We'll see about McCormack, massively overyhyped as per usual on the BBS but if we manage to sign a striker who scored 19 goals last season for under 1 million quid then that is very good business.

The Fifth Column

Lazy mug
Nov 30, 2010
Hangleton
Yes they have.

I stand corrected then if you can provide any link quoting them as saying so. It's a moot point anyway because its never going to happen and it's looking more likely that Selhurst will end up being redeveloped in bits and pieces which can only be a good thing because in its current state it is an undeniable dump.

Red'n'Blue

Jan 6, 2011
Bizarre point of view, granted their honeymoon period is over now but they're funding a loss making club, perhaps that is why they were reluctant buyers? Football isn't a profit making industry unless you're one of the top dogs.

We'll see about McCormack, massively overyhyped as per usual on the BBS but if we manage to sign a striker who scored 19 goals last season for under 1 million quid then that is very good business.

They weren't reluctant buyers. They got a football club on the cheap. You watch how they will sell players and Dougie will see little money from those sales. McCormack will cost more than a million.

Red'n'Blue

Jan 6, 2011
I stand corrected then if you can provide any link quoting them as saying so. It's a moot point anyway because its never going to happen and it's looking more likely that Selhurst will end up being redeveloped in bits and pieces which can only be a good thing because in its current state it is an undeniable dump.

It's on the BBS. I'll try and find it.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town

McCormack is a decent player even though he was spitting feathers when Adam El Abd was a little bit over enthusiastic in the penalty box at Elland Road last season and the ref waved away the penalty shout and the inevitable red card which I thought would be shown. He also scored the equaliser at The Amex which coincided with the start of our bad patch of form.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
It's on the BBS. I'll try and find it.

While you,re looking at BBS have a look at post 151 on the "Call me maybe video" thread.

I know some will think I,m being a bit 'stuffy' about it......but your Chairman seems to be trying too hard to be 'one of the lads'. I think , considering his position , it's embarrassing.

churley1

Oct 13, 2009
Bogota
They weren't reluctant buyers. They got a football club on the cheap. You watch how they will sell players and Dougie will see little money from those sales. McCormack will cost more than a million.

That's called negotiating skills, something which Parish has in abundance. If they hadn't got the club on the cheap I doubt they'd be happy to invest in a loss making club, I don't remember anyone else stepping forward, do you?

Little point commenting on your second sentence as we've yet to sell a player other than Scannell who's transfer fee is being spent on McCormack.

churley1

Oct 13, 2009
Bogota
McCormack is a decent player even though he was spitting feathers when Adam El Abd was a little bit over enthusiastic in the penalty box at Elland Road last season and the ref waved away the penalty shout and the inevitable red card which I thought would be shown. He also scored the equaliser at The Amex which coincided with the start of our bad patch of form.

I watched that game, didn't he score a very good long range shot as well? Great game of football that.

Red'n'Blue

Jan 6, 2011
That's called negotiating skills, something which Parish has in abundance. If they hadn't got the club on the cheap I doubt they'd be happy to invest in a loss making club, I don't remember anyone else stepping forward, do you?

Little point commenting on your second sentence as we've yet to sell a player other than Scannell who's transfer fee is being spent on McCormack.

Taking local peoples money is good negotiating skills?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town

2 of the 4 seem to be silent partners , they will want a decent return on the money they've ploughed in.

Red'n'Blue

Jan 6, 2011
While you,re looking at BBS have a look at post 151 on the "Call me maybe video" thread.

I know some will think I,m being a bit 'stuffy' about it......but your Chairman seems to be trying too hard to be 'one of the lads'. I think , considering his position , it's embarrassing.

It's not our chairman. Its SB. But he is used to sitting with the fans in the AW so i can't really say it's embarrassing .

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007

To a degree that's started happening already I guess. Joel Ward is your replacement for Clyne (400k for someone likely to go for £2m ish). That's not a dig, that's pretty much what most clubs outside of the Premiership do, but it proves that it's happening. Likewise Zaha looks likely to leave, and Wilbraham and McCormack look like far cheaper replacements.

As for McCormack, very good player on his day, bit hot and cold, but would be a very good signing for Palace or in fact any side in this league. Even more so at less than £1m.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I watched that game, didn't he score a very good long range shot as well? Great game of football that.

It was a very entertaining game , Leeds 2 nil up at half time , we turned the game around to lead 3-2 until the equaliser came in stoppage time. Sky must have thought it was a decent encounter as they will be screening the game when Leeds return to The Amex this season.

Red'n'Blue

Jan 6, 2011
To a degree that's started happening already I guess. Joel Ward is your replacement for Clyne (400k for someone likely to go for £2m ish). That's not a dig, that's pretty much what most clubs outside of the Premiership do, but it proves that it's happening. Likewise Zaha looks likely to leave, and Wilbraham and McCormack look like far cheaper replacements.

As for McCormack, very good player on his day, bit hot and cold, but would be a very good signing for Palace or in fact any side in this league. Even more so at less than £1m.

But the owners are god so you cant say that sort of thing.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
It's not our chairman. Its SB. But he is used to sitting with the fans in the AW so i can't really say it's embarrassing .

Ok....one of your 4 owners then.

Is it really not embarrassing when he's offering the bikinis worn by the Crystal Palace girls for the first five who buy season tickets, that when one cheeky poster replies..."Only interested if they are soiled" his reply is...."Buy a season ticket.. ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE".....?

Red'n'Blue

Jan 6, 2011

Is it really not embarrassing when he's offering the bikinis worn by the Crystal Palace girls for the first five who buy season tickets, that when one cheeky poster replies..."Only interested if they are soiled" his reply is...."Buy a season ticket.. ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE".....?

It's a joke.

churley1

Oct 13, 2009
Bogota
It was a very entertaining game , Leeds 2 nil up at half time , we turned the game around to lead 3-2 until the equaliser came in stoppage time. Sky must have thought it was a decent encounter as they will be screening the game when Leeds return to The Amex this season.

Drab 0-0 it is then :D

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town

He'll get one of the CPFC tea ladies to wear the bikini bottoms for a week :lol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here