Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ross McCormack

Trigger Finger

Jul 18, 2011
Because your stadium is falling to pieces and well outdated. You have about 8000 season ticket holders, you are a selling club and unless there is some serious cash injections into your club, mid table is the best you can hope for, for a long time to come.

Ah yes, the well known and established connection in the Championship between stadium quality/attendance figures/amount of 0's on the balance sheet and results on the pitch.

Is it you I ask for how to get into MENSA?

Red'n'Blue

Jan 6, 2011
I did see that the odd poster rumoured it to be 20%, but I thought the general concensus was 10%....?

TBH 600k-£2million is decent. We will never find out what the actual figure is.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Anybody phoned the number at 0.58? Is it a special mobile number for season ticket bookings 24/7 to cope with demand?

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
TBH 600k-£2million is decent. We will never find out what the actually figure is.

I agree with you, in that very few people will actually know the factual figures.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
We have people who will pay to build it. We have a site. Yes it will take years, but i am happy to wait.

I can't claim to know anything about it tbh...I would have thought a site that size in the Croydon area that you can get planning permission on was very rare. But like I say, I really have no idea on that. And people with a 100 odd million on the hip, to build a stadium are even rarer....I thought you still had to get 15,000 though the gate just to pay Noades for the rent on Selhurst.

Red'n'Blue

Jan 6, 2011
I can't claim to know anything about it tbh...I would have thought a site that size in the Croydon area that you can get planning permission on was very rare. But like I say, I really have no idea on that. And people with a 100 odd million on the hip, to build a stadium are even rarer....I thought you still had to get 15,000 though the gate just to pay Noades for the rent on Selhurst.

Noades doesn't own the stadium. Cpfc2010 do. The site we have already has a stadium on it. Selhurst Park.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle

Pretty sure Crystal Palace own the Stadium now......thought it was bought by the current owners.

Edit; Beaten to it by red n blue.

Our attendances aren't dwindling. Im not going to bother replying to the rest.

It is difficult to comment on a Clubs attendances when the Club won't issue the actual figures and artificially inflates it each season. However dropping nearly 10,000 on the average since 2006 is pretty close to "dwindling" in anyones books.

The Fifth Column

Lazy mug
Nov 30, 2010
Hangleton
We have people who will pay to build it. We have a site. Yes it will take years, but i am happy to wait.

Not quite accurate that statement, not one of your multi billiionaire 'owners' has openly declared they will invest any of their own money in building the stadium, in fact I laughingly recall that spiv parish vaguely trying to drum up interest in getting the finances sorted last year with comments such as "who wouldn't want to invest" and " it can't be that hard to find surely". He seems to use the word hopefully a lot, not very inspiring is he!

Red'n'Blue

Jan 6, 2011
It is difficult to comment on a Clubs attendances when the Club won't issue the actual figures and artificially inflates it each season. However dropping nearly 10,000 on the average since 2006 is pretty close to "dwindling" in anyones books.

But after a season in the Prem attendances will always drop. I hate this attendance stuff anyway. Brighton have more going through the gate each week than Palace. Brighton went through a rough patch and Palace are coming out of one.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Noades doesn't own the stadium. Cpfc2010 do. The site we have already has a stadium on it. Selhurst Park.

You know what I find really interesting about Palace. It's the whole "CPFC2010" thing - CPFC2010 do this and CPFC2010 said that.

Down here, it's simply "the club" or "the Albion". We are united, a single entity. At Palace there seems to be a real big "them and us" situation. That can't be good, can it?

Red'n'Blue

Jan 6, 2011
Not quite accurate that statement, not one of your multi billiionaire 'owners' has openly declared they will invest any of their own money in building the stadium, in fact I laughingly recall that spiv parish vaguely trying to drum up interest in getting the finances sorted last year with comments such as "who wouldn't want to invest" and " it can't be that hard to find surely". He seems to use the word hopefully a lot, not very inspiring is he!

Yes they have.

But after a season in the Prem attendances will always drop. I hate this attendance stuff anyway. Brighton have more going through the gate each week than Palace. Brighton went through a rough patch and Palace are coming out of one.

I wonder why ? :lolol::lolol::lolol:

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Pretty sure Crystal Palace own the Stadium now......thought it was bought by the current owners.

Edit; Beaten to it by red n blue.

Ok I stand corrected on the Noades thing, I know he used to still own the ground. Tbh i'm not really up to speed on all things Palace, he probably used the money to build another golf course.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town

CPFC2010 acquired the freehold from Noades as this was the "deal-breaker" , Noades had to decide to take the money or lose all the rental income if CPFC2010 pulled out and Palace were liquidated. Goldberk and Tangoman were foolish enough to only buy the club but not the ground.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here