Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Rory Fallon ..

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
... on his way to Swansea for £300k.

2 things spring to mind,

Firstly, how many strikers do they need to sign? I guess Leon is going to have to work very hard to keep his place, or be prepared to accept being rotated, therefore not always playing, or sometimes BEING SUBSTITUTED. Ut-oh, that won't go down well with lickle Leon.

Secondly, can we all now wake up and realise just how difficult it is for us to sign players good enough for the Championship. I wouldn't say the posters who suggested Fallon were thinking he would be particularly out of our league, well at £300k he absolutely is, and that is a striker who has not been scoring at this level, so it would still have got the cries of "but we need TRIED and TESTED at this level, not some League One striker."

FACT - we are not even close to being able to afford the sort of strikers that would improve what we already have. Anyone we do get in will be a risk because they will be of a significantly lower standard tha Fallon, or they will be 35+ or will be seriously injury-prone such as Dean Sturridge.

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Rory Fallon £300k

Leon Knight £125k

We've been had again.

Federico Turienzo £150k, imagine what we could have done with that.

Last edited:

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
afters said:
f*** me that is a high price for a jockey changing sports!

First it was Clive Woodward, now Fallon, you're right the temptation to show you can do multisports just seems irresistable.

*waits for someone to suggest Butters and Sumo Wrestling*

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Trigger said:
Rory Fallon £300k

Leon Knight £125k

We've been had again.

Federico Turienzo £150k, imagine what we could have done with that.

I would imagine Fallon had significantly longer left on his contract than Leon. That and the fact that he's not a whinging little shit who is as likely to upset morale in the dressing room as he is to actually play some football.

And Turienzo was a cracking piece of business because ......... no hang on, I'm going nowhere with that argument.

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
Gritt23 said:
... on his way to Swansea for £300k.

2 things spring to mind,

Firstly, how many strikers do they need to sign? I guess Leon is going to have to work very hard to keep his place, or be prepared to accept being rotated, therefore not always playing, or sometimes BEING SUBSTITUTED. Ut-oh, that won't go down well with lickle Leon.

Secondly, can we all now wake up and realise just how difficult it is for us to sign players good enough for the Championship. I wouldn't say the posters who suggested Fallon were thinking he would be particularly out of our league, well at £300k he absolutely is, and that is a striker who has not been scoring at this level, so it would still have got the cries of "but we need TRIED and TESTED at this level, not some League One striker."

FACT - we are not even close to being able to afford the sort of strikers that would improve what we already have. Anyone we do get in will be a risk because they will be of a significantly lower standard tha Fallon, or they will be 35+ or will be seriously injury-prone such as Dean Sturridge.

News here

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Gritt23 said:
And Turienzo was a cracking piece of business because ......... no hang on, I'm going nowhere with that argument.
That is a major factor as to why i cannot back Magoo anymore, £150k could have afforded some good loan players wages to keep us up, or even a half decent striker, instead it's just been wasted, i wont have it if someone says we have to take these gambles in our current plight because A) there are better gambles than someone who wont play unless Magoo has an evening of championship manager at home & B) we'd be £150k better off if Magoo hadn't changed his mind and signed Turienzo after sending him away saying he wasn't good enough in the first place!

Come on, if you were down to your last £10 would you just throw it away like that?

:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
Trigger said:
That is a major factor as to why i cannot back Magoo anymore, £150k could have afforded some good loan players wages to keep us up, or even a half decent striker, instead it's just been wasted, i wont have it if someone says we have to take these gambles in our current plight because A) there are better gambles than someone who wont play unless Magoo has an evening of championship manager at home & B) we'd be £150k better off if Magoo hadn't changed his mind and signed Turienzo after sending him away saying he wasn't good enough in the first place!

Come on, if you were down to your last £10 would you just throw it away like that?

:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

He would appear to have screwed up on Turiwhatshisface, but certainly done well with seb and Frutos, not to mention Henderson and McShane.That's not bad ... Trouble with Turiwhatshisface is that he isn't fit and until he plays half a dozen games or more we aren't going to know whether he's up to it ... are we now.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
The Auditor said:
No...I'd put it on one of yours or Uncle Speilberg horses !!......:)

It's doing things like that would leave you "down to your last £10" in the first place.

Trigger said:

I'm not saying El Turi was a good piece of business, but don't forget the last time we gambled like that we took one B.Zamora onto our books. I think the financial plus has outweighed the loss in recent years.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Lokki 7 said:
I'm not saying El Turi was a good piece of business, but don't forget the last time we gambled like that we took one B.Zamora onto our books. I think the financial plus has outweighed the loss in recent years.
Hardly an accurate comparison.

We had Zamora on loan the previous season, he scored 6 in 6. All we had seen of Turienzo was a video and 45 very average minuites at Lewes.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Silent Bob said:

We had Zamora on loan the previous season, he scored 6 in 6. All we had seen of Turienzo was a video and 45 very average minuites at Lewes.

All MM had seen. Those at Lewes couldnt believe he was offered a contract the next day.

Silent Bob said:

We spent £150k on El turi, a striker with no experience at this level.
We spent £100k on BZ, a kid who had never had a decent run in the first team.
OK maybe not a brilliant comparison but you get my point. BZ was still a gamble and it paid off. El Turi may still come good, he may not. These things are never certain, Spurs spent £11m on Rebrov expecting a guaranteed goalscorer...

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Lokki 7 said:
We spent £150k on El turi, a striker with no experience at this level.
We spent £100k on BZ, a kid who had never had a decent run in the first team.
OK maybe not a brilliant comparison but you get my point. BZ was still a gamble and it paid off. El Turi may still come good, he may not. These things are never certain, Spurs spent £11m on Rebrov expecting a guaranteed goalscorer...

Nope but what BZ had done is score 6 goals in his loan spell with us the season before. Plus score in Bristol Rovers reserves regularly AND scored loads when he was on loan at Bath City before he joined us on loan.

And whilst I agree with the Rebrov thing, he did have a good record (bit like Ian Rush before he joined Juve & Leeds)...

El Turi had NEITHER and we still spunked £150k

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Tony Meolas Loan Spell said:
All MM had seen. Those at Lewes couldnt believe he was offered a contract the next day.

As I remember it, he wasn't offered it the next day, he was released! It was a couple of weeks later that suddenlt the deal was done.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell said:

El Turi had NEITHER and we still spunked £150k

True. But George Weah's third cousins hairdresser did recommend him, that's got to be worth something.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here