Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Rory Fallon ..

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Gritt23 said:
... on his way to Swansea for £300k.

Secondly, can we all now wake up and realise just how difficult it is for us to sign players good enough for the Championship. I wouldn't say the posters who suggested Fallon were thinking he would be particularly out of our league, well at £300k he absolutely is, and that is a striker who has not been scoring at this level, so it would still have got the cries of "but we need TRIED and TESTED at this level, not some League One striker."

FACT - we are not even close to being able to afford the sort of strikers that would improve what we already have. Anyone we do get in will be a risk because they will be of a significantly lower standard tha Fallon, or they will be 35+ or will be seriously injury-prone such as Dean Sturridge.

you are in danger of getting a patronising whatsit.

Of course we all know how difficult it is, do you assume we are all stupid and only you have worked this one out?

Lighten up

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
IMHO what most people want is a 35 year old tried and tested striker short term for the remainder of this season and worry about next season in the summer.

Lets take one step at a time and secure our place this season.

Last edited:

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Re: Re: Rory Fallon ..

dave the gaffer said:
you are in danger of getting a patronising whatsit.

Of course we all know how difficult it is, do you assume we are all stupid and only you have worked this one out?

Lighten up

Not "all", but there are plenty on here with completely unrealistic expectations, about our league position, financial position and our ability to attract players.

I just think that sometimes you get a better perspective on things by seeing the scale of transfers involving players we would not have creamed our pants over.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Just thought of player who is said to be keeping fit with Watford who may be interested in a short term contract dont know about the wages as he must be quite well off. Les Ferdinand.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Oh shit another one bites the dust!!

Why is he still training with Watford does that mean he cannot commit himself to a NON LEAGUE CLUB buta CCC who knows.

Last edited:

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
What's Dion Dublin doing with himself these days?

Did I hear he was kicking around in Leicester reserves? Mark McGhee has signed him before, and I seem to remember Dion saying some very nice things about him, "giving his career a new lease of life."

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Silent Bob said:
Would Leicester sell anyone to us?

If he's kicking around in the reserves, they don't rate him. Plus with a new manager on his way, I would have thought they would look to offload some fairly quickly to give the new man some room to get a fresh player or two in.

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Re: Re: Re: Rory Fallon ..

Gritt23 said:
Not "all", but there are plenty on here with completely unrealistic expectations, about our league position, financial position and our ability to attract players.

I just think that sometimes you get a better perspective on things by seeing the scale of transfers involving players we would not have creamed our pants over.

No its called expectation, brought about by supporting a club that is in the second tier of the national league.

we all know about the finacial constraints, BUT and it is a big but, our finances are finite in that we have no other income stream other than gate monies ( which the vast majority of people are STH whose money is spent long before the season it relates to) , television monies, which dramatically fall in Divi 1 and corporate, which must be more attractive ( even if it is a portacabin) against Leeds United than Yeoville Town.

I would hold the view that staying in this division, whilst not critical, it is certainly a must presently and relegation would be a financial disaster. In that case, I would certainly speculate.

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
ventnor..isle of white?

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Isn't it past your bedtime Gunter? ???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here